Author's Note

Man, writing this book was a wild ride. My writing has changed drastically since I started writing this book one fateful day. August 17, 2017. The summer before I entered high school. I remember that every time I'd post a chapter, I would get so giddy when it got even a single view on it. And now I have 1,635 views on it and counting!

When I first began to write this book, my writing was horrible, and I was new to reading romance novels, but I wanted to write my own. I wrote this with no plot in mind of where to go. All I knew is that I wanted it to be about a girl with two best friends, one of which she has a crush on. I also knew that I wanted the other best friend to end up dating the best friend she had a crush on.

Confusing, right?

But then it became about something more serious. I brushed on toxic relationships and sexual assault. As I matured as a writer, and believe me, I still have a long way to go, I wanted to focus on real-life subjects that people deal with such as assault, anxiety, and loss. I apologize for the wonky plot, I didn't have any idea of how the book was going to end when I started, and I'm in the (slow) process of fixing it to my best ability. That includes changing dialogue, having more character development for characters such as Samantha and Liam. And we can't forget about our boy Braylen. I feel so bad because I basically wrote him out of the book, and I'm unsure of whether I will write him out when I am editing my book.

I also wanted to work on making it seem more real. When we read wattpad books, we often face these unrealistic ideals of what guys are like, and in some of my other unpublished romances, I am trying to change that, but it is difficult. I learned a lot of my writing from reading on wattpad, and now I am looking to videos of professionals who write books, to improve my writing.

And if you want to write a book, go for it! There is no wrong book, or bad writer (at least not forever, my writing was pretty bad in the beginning.)

What I am trying to say is that when I wrote my first short story in the seventh grade, I would've never guessed that I would have two completed books with over a thousand reads and another with almost THREE thousand reads. Man, that makes me giddy and happy (btw, A Story to Tell: Season 1 is the other book I'm talking about. I know, shameless plug.) ! !

Now a question you may have is: will there be a sequel?

Now that is a tricky question to answer. Sort of. I plan on writing (probably pretty far in the future) a book about Jeremiah as an undercover cop, vigilante-style. Jeremiah and Ada's love will continue, as well as the storyline with Liam being comatose. (Oh, my heart yearns for him. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!) And we might encounter a familiar character as well 😉.

Anyway, that is all I have for you. I am so glad if you are here, reading this. It means that my inconsistent upload schedule and my horrible writing didn't scare you off or cause you to lose interest in the story. And if you are interested, feel free to take a peek at some of my other works on here, they're free :) and maybe follow me, vote, share, and comment!

I love you guys so, so, so, so much! Byeeeeee!!!!!!!!

-Lana