Chapter 23 | And He Fights

His POV

School just ended and I was walking through the hallway after school to get to a class for some extra tutoring. I walked past a couple who looked to be making out. I turned back before finishing passing and they were now in the crook of the hallway. It looked as if they were quarreling but I didn't feel the need to get involved.

I briskly walked to a locker kind of near by, just to overhear the conversation, incase it was something more than just a fight. I hear some words followed by some muffling. I peaked and saw that they were kissing again. Huh, I guess they resolved their issue.

I just patted the locker and began my venture out to the classroom for my tutoring. I was almost to the room when I heard a bang against one of the lockers. I look back, but don't see anything. I begin to turn around, and almost ignored it, but I had a bad feeling.

I decided to turn around and see what was going on. I briskly hurried over, and sped up when I heard a slap kind of noise.

I made it to the locker crook and peered over to view the event. Someone was punching this girl. What the hell? I came to the realization that it was Braxton. I looked at the bruised up girl and saw that it was Adi. He pulled her up with her hoodie against the locker and then punched her again. My eyes grew wide and I felt rage bubble throughout my blood.

My rage exploded and I charged over to Braxton. The only thing I think to do is to punch him straight in the jaw.

I saw him let go of her and I hurried to her. I wiped a tear that was falling over her cheek ever so lightly.

I yell at Braxton, "You need to leave her the fuck alone." Braxton walked into my personal space bubble.

"Like that's gonna happen." Braxton responded. Braxton charged a powerful fist straight to my face. I tried to punch him back, into his gut, but he managed to grab my fist in a fisthold. I yelped in pain. Now I was at a major disadvantage. He had a strong grip on my forearm and was repeatedly punching me in the gut. I tried to stay up, but I was weak. I fell to the ground. I tried so hard to get up and fight, but I couldn't.

I looked back at Adi, and she seemed so out of it. I hope she doesn't remember this. I don't want her to see how weak I really am. That I cannot protect her like I always say I will. I am faced away from her when Braxton grabs my shirt and punches me again.

"It'll-" I try to speak, coughing. I hate seeing her like this. It breaks my heart to see her so beat up. I got punched in the eye. "Be okay," I finish my sentence to her, almost breathless.

I looked at her face and saw that she was biting her lip as she looked at me. Her lip began to bleed again. I felt defeated. Braxton was hovering over my crippled self. I barely turned and saw the resources officer and one of the administrators hurry over. The officer pulled Braxton off of me.

The administrator said something about the fight into the walkie talkie but I was so out of it that I didn't hear what she said. She also talked to Adi, but Adi just pointed over to me. I heard her say how she was fine.

I just barely sat up, my wobbly arms holding me up. Adi walked over to me and sat in front of me. I felt a jolt of energy and rushed over to give her a hug. I held on so tight to her for what felt like so long. She eventually let go and we slowly scooted to the lockers. I made sure we were both leaning there before I spoke.