Chapter 24 | Tears Have Been Shed

Ada's POV

"Okay, I'm sure it started sometime around Thanksgiving. The days leading up to Thanksgiving, I think he started seeing some girl. Because, in case you didn't remember, he wasn't there on Thanksgiving," I said. Jeremiah interrupts me.

"Yeah, of course I remember, that was a dick move of his. You were so bummed when that happened." He looked at me with worried eyes.

"Well, I think he was with some other girl because after that, he would always act tense and weird around me," I continued, my voice got quieter.

"There is something you aren't telling me, I know it," he responded. He looked me directly in the eyes and grabbed my hand.

"Okay, okay. So that one day our whole crew watched Christmas movies all night, in the morning we went for a walk. He got angry at me and slapped me when I was questioning him acting weird. He looked sorry afterwards but it just got worse from there. Of course, you know about the night with the warehouse and our ki-." I stopped saying kiss because we weren't supposed to talk about it.

"Okay, what else?" Jeremiah questions.

"Ugh-nothing!" He raised an eyebrow, not buying my story. "Well.. uh. On Christmas.." I looked away from Jeremiah.

"On Christmas? What? Please tell me Adi. I have to know." He ran his hands down my arms and grabbed my hands and put them up to his face.

"I told him we were breaking up which caused him to slap me and almost punch me. And then-" my voice cracked as I spoke. "He held me at gun point and said that my family and friends would pay if I broke up with him." I started crying. Jeremiah put his arms around and we hugged tightly. I rested my head on his shoulder and cried. I cried and cried. Jeremiah squeezed me tight as we hugged.

"You know, we have to go to the police about this," Jeremiah reassured and we broke our hug.

"We can't, he'll find out. Plus, there isn't enough evidence that he did this. Only Liam and I know." I looked down and my hair fell in front of my face, covering my ashamed face.

"Wait, both you and Liam know? What the hell? Why didn't you tell me? I need to know these things." Jeremiah was holding my shoulders. Jeremiah's eyes were glazed over.

"He wasn't supposed to know either. He happened to walk over at the time. I'm sorry for not telling you Jeremiah. Really I am," I replied with my voice shaky. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"So, uh, you and Liam?" He said, insecurity in his voice.

"Heh." I looked up. "He's like a brother to me. Nothing else. But I don't know, he might feel different."

"Well, speaking of, and by the way, I did not agree to this, but, he is actually gonna call you tonight for the two of you to see the Christmas lights. Tonight is one of the last nights they'll be up for the season. He heard about what happened and he wanted to get your mind off of it."

"Awe, that's sweet of him. He really does try," I said, smiling.

"He certainly does." We both laughed quietly. "Now, do you need to get ready for it?" I nodded no.

"I think I'll be just fine in this hoodie and these jeans," I replied to him, gesturing to my outfit.

"Wait a second.. Isn't that my hoodie?" he recounted. "I think it is, Adelaide." He raised an eyebrow in suspicion. I bit my lip to hold back a giggle.