• Curious •

[ E D I T E D ]

It was getting dark outside.

The leaves bristled on the street flying past me time by time as the wind blew them. While skateboarding down the sidewalk of some street that the name I forgot months or even years ago I was listening to Circles by Pierce the Veil.

As I skateboarded faster, the more crushing sounds of the dry leaves could be heard. It was oddly satisfying, well, the only thing on this sidewalk. I wouldn't say it was the best for a skateboard but still good enough. Time by time avoiding the holes I headed home.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, momentarily blinding myself because of the bright screen. 1 AM, showed the bright screen. Ah, got to be careful, who am I kidding I'm never careful even if I repeat that to myself ever so often.

Looking around I start to see familiar houses and I realize I'm about halfway home. A few blocks away from my house thankfully, still a while to get back.

I was about to switch to another song when I head a gunshot echoing around the buildings. I instantly stopped out of reflex, though I shouldn't have, I knew I'll regret it.

Right after the sound of the gunshot could be heard, the ringing of a buildings alarm system followed after. From watching many films, alone in a room with lots of food, I knew it was either a fire or a robbery.

Soon after I realized a bank is here nearby so maybe that's what it is. If it is though I should probably get back on my skateboard and get out of here as soon as possible.

I stepped back on it and rode back as fast as I could. Little did I know it was no use. I passed the street, no houses blocking the view now, and saw the bank actually being robbed, I was right.

It was a robbery, oh hell no - I thought to myself.

I was about to turn the corner of a 9 story building but a hand suddenly shot out and grabbed my wrist pulling me down. I almost slipped being pulled off my skateboard, that'd be complete shit. The person who grabbed me instantly after grabbing me pushed me into him securing me so I don't run away.

The person put one arm around my neck and one around my waist demanding for me not to move an inch.

"If you want to stay alive and not be in more shit, you won't move. Got it?" he whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine, to say the least, they weren't the good ones in any case.

I quickly nodded my head up and down.

Oh god, why today? I already slipped and fell down the stairs on my ass in front of a cute guy today already... - I thought to myself blushing mentally at how embarrassing that was.

"Now, now. Be a good girl and breathe in," he instructed putting a cloth to my face covering my mouth and nose. I already knew what this was.

Why chloroform? Can't he knock me out? Seriously, that'd be more time efficient- I rolled my eyes thinking to myself.

I wasn't about to give up so easy and let him take me as I thrashed around forgetting about the threat he said a few seconds ago. When I made a really sudden movement he tightened the grip on my neck, starting to slowly cut off the oxygen that I surely needed.

"Don't breathe in," I could hear Vic's voice echo at the back of mind, the lyric of Circles. The irony of it happening now in real life.

Before I completely passed out I managed to mutter, "You're really dumb. How do you want me to breathe it in if I can't even fucking breathe you dumbass?" I asked annoyed to full extent as he released my neck a bit looser.

Actually, to think about it, he could've let me just pass out... Eh, no. Chloroform is a better, not painful way to knock yourself out.

Well, thank god he isn't dumb - I thought to myself realizing I called him dumb twice in just two sentences.

I couldn't hold my breath anymore and finally breathed in the chemicals on the cloth. The more I blinked the more everything became blurry and started to fade away, as the end of a movie's ending would just this time there were no credits but a painful continuing.

Last thoughts on my mind being - Will I be able to see my family ever again? What about my girlfriend... What about my best friend, my cat, school? Nah, fuck school. It's boring anyway.