• Adrenaline •

[ E D I T E D ]

Slowly fading into the reality you call life I just noticed the sun shining on my face from a window. Opening my eyes was a mistake as the light blinded me momentarily before I pulled my face out of the lights way.

Where am I? - I questioned to myself, not long after the memories coming back like crashing waves in a sea while a thunderstorm is taking place.

Looking around the room I realized I wasn't in a basement but a normal room...? I'm not complaining though, the bed was really soft and comfortable.

Snapping myself out of my thoughts I get back on with my reasonable thoughts for this situation - How the hell do I get out of here?

Even if I sometimes, almost every 2nd day, fight with my parents, I still love them to death. And I would do anything for them even if we sometimes don't agree without opinions.

I notice there are two doors, one probably for the bathroom and the other for the room itself. First I stood up and mentally shivered of the fact I slept in these clothes, which I dirtied falling off my skateboard a few times, and walked to the main one.

I twisted the doorknob to open the door but it didn't cooperate meaning its locked - of course it is, dumbass - eh, a good try at least. After, I walked over to the other one and it wasn't locked, it was the bathroom.

Sighing I walked into the bathroom, looking in the mirror was such a scare. I have never looked worse, I had visible eye bags. Why can't people just be born without them, honestly?

I splashed my face with some water and dried off my face with a towel that was on the hanger. Walking back out and sitting on the bed for a while I started hearing some noises coming from down the hall.

Soon followed by a click sound echoing down the room and hallway. The was opened by a guy that was oddly familiar, I just couldn't name who he was. It's on the tip of my tongue and the back of my lungs but I can't figure it out. (Yes, it's a BMTH reference)

The guy soon after noticing I'm awake, probably heard me walking around the room, walked in. He seriously looked familiar, with dark clothes and dark brown hair that matched the clothes, and a dark beanie on his head.

Noticing how he had fully turned his attention to me I started to feel a bit awkward, and with that, I rolled on the bed so I'm looking at the wall instead of him. I was curled up, hugging my knees to my chest and let out a sigh.

Soon after I heard his footsteps nearing the bed. Next thing I knew, the bed dipped down a bit meaning he probably sat down facing me. I'd say this is so awkward I'd want to rip myself out of my skin, why am I not making a run for it?

Because he's right next to you and probably catch you before you can even get up from the bed? - My inner voice, subconscious, sassily replied.

I knew he wouldn't start talking if he did he would have said anything by now. "First, why me?" I asked genuinely confused.

He didn't respond to that so I tried again, "Are you ever going to let me go?" I questioned again.

Now he's the one sighing I think annoyed by these particular questions.

Well too bad he was the one that kidnapped you so he should have known that I'd be questioning him - my subconscious replying to my thoughts once again. Am I possibly Schizo?

I don't know, you are talking to your subconscious, what do you think? - It sassily replied.

Yep, I probably am. I mean, who doesn't sometimes talk to themselves, even if it's counting out loud?

"We needed to make sure you wouldn't tell the police and stuff, and about the other one I really can't answer that," he replied monotonously.

I felt the pressure leave off of the mattress and now I could feel his gaze on me. "Do you want anything to eat?" he asked instead, changing the topic.

I turned around and looked him dead in the eyes, "You know, bleach would be great," I deadpanned.

He groaned annoyed leaning his head back and running his hands over his face muttering something along the lines of "Annoying, long week, why? Why did I do this again?" And, honestly same.

I quit joking around and sat up on the bed crossing my legs responding, "Yeah okay."

Hearing those words he eagerly nodded, probably happy to have time to be away from my annoying self. (I swear we're as annoying as the character is in this ff, no joke. xd)

Before he slowly locked the door I quickly got up and put my bobby pin, that was always on the edge of my jeans, and put it in the keyhole waiting for him to lock it. Thankfully the bobby pin wasn't that big so it didn't disturb the key, as it could've stopped it from locking the door.

I really never understood the way of how this worked but since my friend showed me this the other day and it worked I mentally noted to keep it in the back of my head in any case.

I heard him walk away and listened if there were any footsteps coming towards this room and after good 5 minutes, I twisted the bobby pin back, unlocking the door.

I don't really know how none of them didn't notice me walking down the hallway, as the floorboards did creak, but I was thankful for that. Thanks, Karma.

I finally reached the door and slowly opened it I thought It would be an easy escape, little did I know...

I quickly stepped outside but the wind blew and closed the door with a loud bang. Actually, you can go fuck yourself, Karma. Why did it have to be windy?

I remembered that it was fall already and the wind was getting stronger by every day going by.

Anyway, time to fucking run - I mentally said to myself before I could even start running.

With that as my last thought on my mind I made a run for it as fast as my legs could push me forward. Only positive thoughts on my mind, that wouldn't have any effect to come in the next few minutes.