Review: Annabelle 3: Bloodlines

Reviewed by: jash_parikh

We will start your review in a specific order...

Cover: Nothing unique, same old doll. I know, Annabelle is all about dolls but still....some unique twist from you would have been nice. Releases those horror vibes though, so not all bad. For this I will give you 0.85/1.

Title: Well, you directly made sequel number three so according to that idea I can't really judge the title. There could not have been another title, that probability was shut down. I really liked that 'bloodlines' thing though. For this you get 1/1.

Description: Even here there's not much you could've added. But you could've used some big words, some fine framing and a richer way of writing. Short and straight to the point, I would tap that read button ONLY if I was an Annabelle fan or a horror fan. Nothing that you said made me go like "OH I have to check out this now, come what may...". For this you get 0.85/1.

Beginning: Introducing a cast is always a great way to start. Then your first chapter started simply but interestingly, raising questions and curiosity. There were a few grammatical errors. Mostly related to tenses. Like you should've used "would" instead of "will" at a certain point. There are a few more, indicating you don't have a great command over the language. Consider grammatical editing. Either do it yourself or get an outsider for that purpose. Coming to the plot: You made a sequel, you basically hope that Annabelle fans will like this adventure of the Evans Sisters. The language sounds a bit bland, but the plot is okay. It's nothing unique though. And now you'll say it's unique because there are no such books on Wattpad. Well, be that as it may, I'm not talking about Wattpad uniqueness but YOUR uniqueness as an author. This is no original. It's a sequel with the same old story - a doll, a family, friends in danger and so on. Now you feed the readers enough horror and a decent story-line to overshadow many of these things, but the grammar and the cliche - however inevitable it might be, I cannot oversee. For this you get 1.05/2.

Your total score is: 3.75/5.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN JUDGED MODERATELY, NEITHER TOO HARSHLY NOR TOO LENIENTLY. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES FEEL FREE TO PM ME.