Review: The Dusk

Reviewed by: jash_parikh

We will start your review in a specific order...

Cover: Looks more like an erotica than fantasy. The girl looks to be in somewhat of a sensuous pose. I get it was an attempt to create beauty combined with mystery; but didn't quite work, at least for me. The font selection too is poor - while it looks good it isn't legible so what's the point. For this you get 0.65/1.

Title: Intriguing, but not that mysterious. Could've been even better in my opinion. It's good though. For this you get 0.9/1.

EDIT: I WAS JUST READING THE PROLOGUE, BUT I JUDGED THE TITLE LIKE A READER WOULD - BEFORE OPENING THE BOOK. NOW I UNDERSTAND THAT "THE DUSK" IS NOT THE RANDOM ENGLISH WORD YOU HAVE PLACED BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SUITABLE BUT THAT YOU HAVE CREATED A CONCEPT AS PART OF YOUR IMAGINATION. HOWEVER, I WILL NOT CHANGE MY RATINGS BECAUSE A READER JUDGES THE BOOK BY BOTH COVER AND TITLE BEFORE READING THE PROLOGUE.

Description: Loved the first two lines, then it was all confusion. In an attempt to create mystery you created a bit too much of it and now I'm confused to a point that the mystery is no longer burning curiosity but boredom. The language is good, so is the grammar so you will earn points there. For this you get 0.75/1.

Beginning: No words here, absolutely none. You covered every single aspect. You described the surroundings and your fantasy land as and when needed, you have decent vocab and a very catchy style of writing. I'd have perhaps liked more detailing of the characters. But for once I can ignore the character detailing because your fantasy land is a beautifully dark place and had me engrossed right since the start. For this you get 1.95/2.

Your total score is: 4.25/5.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN JUDGED MODERATELY, NEITHER TOO HARSHLY NOR TOO LENIENTLY. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES FEEL FREE TO PM ME.