Review: Of Brights and Shadows

Reviewed by:

We will begin your review in a specific order...

Cover: Simple yet beautiful, it sends those mysterious vibes. Looks brilliant. For this you get 1/1.

Title: Unique, creative. Loved the combination and formation of words. For this you get 1/1.

Description: Right from the first line it got me hooked. I also liked your style of writing. The end as compared to the beginning was a bit bland, and I thought you could have used enhanced vocabulary to make it better. Other than that there were no grammatical errors that would come to notice. God job. For this you get 0.95/1.

Beginning: While introducing characters is absolutely great, describing their looks is as pivotal. Your style of writing and language were flawless, above par. But that lack of detailing - of the surroundings, the environment, the characters is where you need to work on. Remember that in a fantasy universe we have no idea about the world. Tiny things like is the water colored or colorless? Odorless or has some pungent odor? These things matter when you create a whole new universe since as readers we would like to know everything there is to know about this world. But I loved the plot. It stood out and clearly so did your writing style. For this you get 1.85/2.

Your total score is: 4.8/5.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN JUDGED MODERATELY, NEITHER TOO HARSHLY NOR TOO LENIENTLY. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES FEEL FREE TO PM ME.