Review: Swapped For Love

Reviewed by: jash_parikh

We will start your review in a specific order...

Cover: Stickers are nicely placed in one line, font is good and background is beautiful. Your name is a bit blur because of the font color, and I fail to see the relevance between the title and the background, especially since it is a 'humor' book and not a romance but all we see is a girl and guy together. You could have added more creativity, like swapping is involved so invert the 'w' and make it look like an 'm' or something like that. Nevertheless, it is beautiful. For this you get 0.95/1

Title: Definitely stands out from all the cliches and is intriguing as hell. For this you get 1/1.

Description: Okay I found one lone punctuation error that I'll point out. Third stanza last line should read : "One's wishes come true; while the other is devastated." Other than that, there are no noticeable grammatical or punctuation errors. The description is catchy, the end urges me to read more. All though you have used no superior language or great vocabulary, the plot itself is enough to lure me in. However, had you added that part, this description could have become ideal. For this you get 0.95/1.

Beginning: The first line itself impressed me with your style of writing. One thing I didn't understand though is if there was "sudden consciousness", how did the narrator open his "bleary" eyes "reluctantly"? Isn't that like saying I woke up suddenly but sat up groggily? A bit of a Paragraph antithesis? Also, there were some minor grammar mistakes, but they weren't too noticeable so I wouldn't fret over it. Your language and style of writing is splendid, you also don't seem to have the problem many do - lack of detailing. You take three stanzas just for the character to wake up. From then on the book is a magnificent effort at creating a novel. Right from when the protagonist realizes he has nail polish coated fingers up to Joy wondering why there was no manual on how to behave like Vincent. Great work. You might want to enhance your vocabulary a bit because then it would wonderfully compliment your style of descriptive writing. For this you get 1.95/2.

Your total score is: 4.85/5.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN JUDGED MODERATELY, NEITHER TOO HARSHLY NOR TOO LENIENTLY. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES FEEL FREE TO PM ME.