Review: Fire Child

Reviewed by: jash_parikh

We will start your review in a specific order...

Cover: It's good, the fire is relevant to your title and the font style and size is suitable. Didn't scream amazing to me though...there is no limit to creativity. For this you get 0.9/1.

Title: Interesting, unique and in connection with the cover. For this you get 1/1.

Description: Firstly, always make paragraphs for the end questions. Secondly, use richer vocabulary or some alluring words. Your writing style is not at all unique, basically doesn't scream "great author" to me yet. So you need to make me hear that scream with your writing prowess. Otherwise it's short and to the point, does what a description is supposed to. There are some grammatical mistakes as well that are noticeable. For this you get 0.75/1.

Beginning: Lacks some punctuation, has some grammatical errors. The language picks up, the story line eventually gets more impressive. The book has potential but you need to work up your vocabulary, learn to be a bit formal. The way you write is as if a normal conversation is taking place, learn to write as if the novel is a canvas and you have to decorate it with your language. If you have read the Twilight books, I am talking about that kind of writing. If not, google and read some excerpts from the series. There are many others, but I would suggest this one. You should also learn detailing. Detailing the surroundings of the characters that he/she notices, how the character looks like, what is her/his room like? What are the questions going on in their minds? How does the character perceive certain objects and actions? And much more. All this is called as character development which you should work on. Then comes details like their actions, the weather and such. Keeping everything in mind, and according to the level of uniqueness of your plot you get 1.05/2.

Your total score is: 3.7/5.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN JUDGED MODERATELY, NEITHER TOO HARSHLY NOR TOO LENIENTLY. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES FEEL FREE TO PM ME.