Review: Meridian Lights

Reviewed by: jash_parikh

We will review your book in a specific order...

Cover: Looks good, but irrelevant slightly. The font style and background is good though. You get 0.95/1.

Title: Unique and original. For this you get 1/1.

Description: I understand it's a fan fiction but the description fails to explain anything more that who are the protagonists in your book. What is your plot? Why is it so unique? Why should I read it? Okay so it changed your character's life...so what? Why will that make me read it? Too incomplete and lacks rich language too. For this you get 0.45/1.

Beginning: The base for any novel is a good introduction of the character's traits. What is unique about them? What is common about them? What approach and attitude do they have in life? Reading the first few chapters I did not see any of that. You introduced somewhat of a cast which was great. But the basic detailing, like what is school like? What does the ice skating arena look like? These things may seem petty but they matter. Your 13 year old also felt too grownup for that age. I have never come across a 13 year old who actually understands why their parents aren't allowing them out. Usually they feel it's a burden. And if you want to make the book relate-able, make it by the usual and add some unique touches of yourself to the plot and use richer vocabulary; at least when it's the narrative and not the dialogue. That Philippine language touch was good. There were also no noticeable grammatical errors so good job. For this you get 1.35/2.

Your total score is: 3.75/5.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN JUDGED MODERATELY, NEITHER TOO HARSHLY NOR TOO LENIENTLY. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES FEEL FREE TO PM ME.