Review: How To Date A Christian Dork

Reviewed by: jash_parikh

We will start your review in a specific order...

Cover: Catchy albeit bit too loud, the nerd girl image sipping a shake kind of interests me. Good creativity and good font style, size and placements. For this you get 1/1.

Title: Liked it. Great creativity wise and also creates interest and humor right from the start. For this you get 1/1.

Description: I love how you began with a quote of your own main character. The male protagonist too sounds interesting. However, I find this idea of popular guy falling for nerd girl very cliche now on wattpad. Therefore the description could have maybe described something more or simply pointed out why your story is unique. Being a humor book I don't expect it to be all great in vocabulary, just fun and light-hearted. So I would look at your writing style, and that is pretty decent. There were one or two grammatical errors, but that's it. For this you get 0.9/1.

Beginning: Your start was a bit dull, mainly because you start with the dialogue and when I start visualizing, I come up blank. I have to literally imagine two stick figures; one of them with dark lashes talking to each other. Since this is a humor book and is supposed to be more eventful and light hearted than descriptive, I will not advise you to detail the surroundings and such. It's always good if you do so, but okay if you don't. However, describe your characters and their looks right from their dress choice to their walking style to their lip gloss color. That will help a lot. Other than that, I also noticed dialogues almost nonstop. Whoa, slow down there a bit! Don't your characters think? Don't they wonder, ponder or just simply daydream? As a reader I'd love to know their thought process, their mind functionality and their attitudes. When talking to friends they are themselves - granted; but an individual approach to each character would be great. Grammar wise it's good. Spelling errors were there...maybe autocorrected words that caused a misplace. Plot was cliche, but you fed it nicely and humorously; so I can overlook the cliche part safely now. For this you get 1.35/2.

Your total score is: 4.25/5.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN JUDGED MODERATELY, NEITHER TOO HARSHLY NOR TOO LENIENTLY. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES FEEL FREE TO PM ME.