Review: The Underground Realm

Reviewed by: jash_parikh

We will start your review in a specific order...

Cover: Not at all mysterious or relevant, and the colour combination makes it look more like a horror novel. It can be improved or changed, especially the background. The font selection is great and placement too. For this you get 0.65/1.

Title: Nice, creative. 1/1.

Description: It's intriguing and got me curious, but an inkling as to what Darien would find once he went to the world of Regulars would have been better. Lacks that questioning edge, raises no questions in readers' minds and when that happens the curiosity levels automatically take somewhat of a dive down. For this you get 0.85/1.

Beginning: Your style of writing is great and your detailing is superb. However, I didn't feel you were quite there with your protagonist's development. There are a few punctuation errors too, mainly like how you've used a comma in places where there should be a hyphen. It doesn't matter much, but at least to some extent it does. But the best part about the book is how curious the protagonist is shown to be and how amazingly he finds his answers - in a nutshell and to the point. In that aspect, I think this was the best book I've judged in this awards. That curiosity to know everything right from Calopsia's wonderful explanations about the building and the taxi to so on and so forth was very well written, covering all the little details. For this you get 1.9/2.

Your total score is: 4.4/5.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN JUDGED MODERATELY, NEITHER TOO HARSHLY NOR TOO LENIENTLY. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES FEEL FREE TO PM ME.

Jash_parikhOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara