𝖎𝖎. Her Cruel Fate

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔: ❛ her cruel fate ❜ ◢

          AS THE SEASONS CHANGED AND INTERMIXED, THE TWO SISTERS STOOD TOGETHER AGAINST THE WORLD. Everywhere they went, they were met with strange looks and coldness from the inhibitors of the town, with a pregnant woman and another – her sister – yet no husband for the one burdened with child. Clear to all who saw, they were running from something or someone, and while they helped the two who were willing to pay and work, they did not extend to them much kindness as they would to other visitors.

Yet, the sisters did not retaliate or ask for such niceties, only taking what was given to them without a struggle. They did not need kindness from the world now since it had shown it was a cruel figure. Every night of the full moon, one would go into the woods alone and fight the changes that occurred inside her without victory, breaking again and again until her bones were morphed into ones of a hideous beast with no recognition to its human nature. She would gallop through the woods, wind against her fur, free from the cage that her human life gave her, and awoke in the morning alone in the woods. Sometimes there would be blood upon her and others she would be free from the liquid.

The two protected each other until the ninth month of Ophelia's pregnancy came and a boy was birthed from her. A precious boy, who cried when he came into the world, tears because of him coming from the two sisters. He was perfect, so utterly perfect. While the circumstances in which he was born were not, they were wicked, he was pure.

The younger sister bestowed him with the name Magnus. But it was after his birth that she would have to depart and return to their old life. Marisol could never return, she was a beast now and would never be welcomed back, but the family did not know about Ophelia's pregnancy and now they never would. She would be allowed to return and soon everyone would forget about this.

The story was concocted two days after Magnus entered the world. Ophelia would return and tell their family Marisol had kidnapped her after triggering her werewolf gene, not wanting to be alone, and finally she had been able to escape and return back to them. It would seal her fate as the beast, but it was at the cost of allowing her sister to return, so she would pay it. At least one of them could return.

Marisol would pay forever for her wickedness, for the sin she had done, but Ophelia could return to her normal life.

Two weeks later, the sisters said goodbye and Marisol watched as her younger sister took the journey back to their hometown. She was envious, sad, and lost. Envious that she could not go with, sad to see her go, and lost because now she was truly alone. While she had Magnus in her arms, Ophelia entrusting her to take care of her son, he was only a baby and could not comfort her as Ophelia had.