𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. Burning Bridges

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔: ❛ burning bridges ❜ ◢

FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE ARRIVAL OF THE MIKAELSONS, NEW ORLEANS ALMOST HAD PEACE. The city was quiet, and human, and utterly ordinary. There were no rebellions, there was no tension, it was quiet. Yet, instead of it being calming, it placed Marisol on edge. Things only stayed quiet before they got incredibly loud, and she knew that storms were beginning to brew. Though the weather wouldn't tell you so, and everyone seemed so ordinary, underneath there were claws and fangs.

         There was war.

         While she pretended to live in peace, and supported Elijah's efforts on creating an assembly between the different factions for continued peace, she was not a fool. Marisol Bigora had lived for five hundred years, and she had seen plenty wars. Though peace was sought between enemies, they would always stay enemies, and a fight would brew.

         Though Elijah fought for the factions to come together and bring peace to New Orleans – without fighting, without bloodshed – Marisol stayed on edge. Everything was not as it seemed.

         "Niklaus has no interest in ruling," Elijah noted to her, a trace of a snarl out of anger for Klaus' neglect, "He fought for a kingdom then he leaves me to rule it."

         Marisol wrapped her arm around his shoulder, drawing him back into bed. "Do you really wanna talk about your brother while we're both naked and you just fucked me?"

         Elijah's lips twitched to a smile and he turned her. "Apologies," then sated her with a kiss, "I'm...distracted."

         She rolled her eyes a little, because that much had been obvious for a while, but she wouldn't push where he wasn't ready. He wanted something else, and she was willing to give. More than willing. "If he's leaving you to rule, lead them. Create the New Orleans you want to see, not what Klaus wanted."

         He kissed her again then brought his hand to brush her cheek. "I never wished to be king, though you would make a wonderful queen," she couldn't help but blush like a teenager, pushing him away though he just gently laughed, "No, another king wouldn't work. Not anymore. There needs to be a council."

         "Father Kieran always spoke for the humans when Marcel ruled, he could again," she suggested, "And Diego knows all the vampires. They'd listen to him."

         At the mention of Diego, Elijah turned away a little and Marisol's eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

         He hesitated, "It's nothing."

         "You're upset," she guessed and when he shied away further, she continued, "Wait – is this because I slept with him?"

         Elijah moved to get up and Marisol grabbed onto his arm to stop him, laughing as she did. "You're jealous! I can't believe that Elijah Mikaelson is jealous!"