𝖝𝖝. Matter of Time

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞: ❛ matter of time ❜ ◢

of time ❜ ◢

          ELIJAH'S RETURN CAUSED MARISOL TO HAVE DREAMS OF THEIR LIFE BEFORE. They felt like daydreams, everything she could ever want wrapped in a bow with the passion that she used to feel, the longing she had and the desire she concealed because they weren't meant to be, but when she awoke in a cold sweat they turned to nightmares. Those were feelings from a long time ago, when she was so naively young and innocent, believing that his simple affections were truly only simple affections and nothing more.

But now, in the context of what happened in the end, how they left things and the revelation that it wasn't as simple as she once thought they were, those were nightmares sent to torture her and the old misguided feelings she once had for him. Yet, even though Marisol did not want Elijah, he was still a plague infecting every thought.

It was as if she was hyperaware of his every move in the house, her ears heading straight to him and where he was. The sound of his voice, his feet pressing to the ground as he walked, the breathes he took in even though he didn't need it to survive. Marisol could hear everything, and it consumed her being. Elijah Mikaelson – the man who once controlled her soul and her dreams, the being of her desires – was there in flesh again and she didn't know what to do.

She felt like same helpless girl she had been before. She didn't know what to do, what to say, how to act. She pushed him out of her mind so much she didn't know how to react to his presence in her life, and it corroded her.

His presence made it unbearable to be in the mansion, driving her out into the French Quarter to escape him. Of course, she knew evasion would only work for so long before they would actually have to sit down, because there was still tension and unresolved words and feelings, but she wanted to put it off for as long as humanly possible. Thankfully, she had people to occupy her time and Elijah was busy with the witches and family business since he had declared the night of his arrival home that their contract with Sophie Deveraux was void.

Apparently, she left some parts about the Harvest and Davina out of their deal beforehand and Elijah wasn't happy. It didn't surprise Marisol, witches were always such tricky little things – traits she carried even though she was too old for a normal witch's lifespan and had long since lost her magic – and Sophie was no exception. She was determined, Marisol would give her that.

Her phone buzzed, and Marisol picked it up to see a text from Marcel asking her to lunch. Guilt immediately pooled in her gut because it had been a while since she had a good, long conversation with her friend. He was busy dealing with Klaus evading on his territory and she was busy ignoring him because seeing him made her feel guilty because she was helping Klaus take him down.