𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. Close to Kindness

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: ❛ close to kindness ❜ ◢

          NOT ONE TO STAY HOME, MARISOL FOUND HERSELF AT ANOTHER WITCH SHOP THAT DAY IN THE COMPANY OF AMELIA. She felt like she had been neglecting her friend since she, for lack of a better word, reconnected with Klaus and was brought into something she wanted no part of. But, in her defense, life had been insane since Klaus rushed back into her life and grabbed her by the neck, offering a deal and forcing her to betray her friend.

First, there was the whole betraying her best friend thing. She didn't use best friend in the sense that they told each other everything and spent all their time together, or that she trusted Marcel than any other person. The only person she truly trusted was Magnus, but that was because he knew everything about her and had been a part of her life since she was a teenager and he a newborn. But, Marcel was in her best friend in the sense that they trusted each other enough, told each other enough, and understood each other enough.

Second, she was dealing with a pregnant werewolf who needed someone who cared for her since her only other option before Rebekah came to town was Klaus. Technically, she knew that Elijah was there at some point, and connected with her first, but Elijah was long since daggered and given to Davina, so he was out of the playing field. And when she moved into that old governor's house with Klaus and Hayley, she was the only one who cared for Hayley in a way that looked like caring.

She liked to think that some part of Klaus cared for Hayley and the child, and there was there was paternal instinct within him, but he had yet to show it to the outside world. That didn't mean it didn't exist, and she wasn't doubtful of it, but at the same time she was. Klaus seemed like he didn't care for her or the child in the slightest, so Marisol took up that role and let herself be the person Hayley could lean on. She wished she had that when Ophelia left and she was alone with Magnus.

And third, there were a lot of plots she was now involved that took up a lot of her time. She used to be free, moving around and doing whatever she wanted because she didn't have anything restricting her. She had no job that demanded her time, taking up her schedule for her to work around, so she had been free. But scheming took up time, because there were a lot of parts to it, so she didn't exactly have that free schedule anymore and time to hang out with Amelia while she worked like usual.

Some part of her felt bad, of course. Amelia was her friend and that meant they had to hang out to maintain that, and Amelia was such a nice girl. (Technically, she was twenty-five and not a girl, but everyone in a normal lifespan was young to her now.) But, she had left many friends before when it was time to leave town, so ignoring her friend for a few days/weeks wasn't that big of deal once put in perspective.