𝖛𝖎. Original Sin

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝: ❛ original sin ❜ ◢

SOMEHOW, ALONG THE WAY, KATERINA HAD CONVINCED MARISOL TO HAVE DINNER WITH THE MIKAELSON FAMILY. The girl wasn't there for the night that she went, having taken up the task of watching over Magnus and making an excuse to Niklaus that she wasn't feeling well that night, giving Marisol the opportunity and trapping her into having no reason to refuse.

          So, there she was, not in a fancy gown but her usual clothing, inside the Mikaelson manor feeling utterly out of place. It was easy to pretend that she belonged when she looked like the others, maybe even wearing a more expensive gown than some, and no one knew her to doubt her admittance to the balls. She looked exactly like them so there was no reason to suspect that she did not traditionally belong with them, so she was allowed and accepted, the only jealously coming from her having grabbed the attention of one of the Mikaelson brothers.

          But now she wasn't wearing a fancy gown that cost more than any money she had ever made in her life, and she wasn't covered by Elijah's affections towards her. She was alone and stood up among the grandeur of the place and it made her want to run away at yet another reason as to why she could never truly belong to Elijah even though her heart wished for her to marry him.

          Elijah was the perfect person to marry. He seemed so perfect, was handsome, had enough wealth to where she would never have to work again, cared about her opinions and sometimes listened to her; it was better than Nathan Bridges could ever be, anyway. But there were too many problems in the way. She was a hideous beast, she had a child and he would think her impure and unfit to marry, and she didn't belong in this grandeur. She came from the lowest of lows now.

          "Marisol," Elijah said, a smile on his face as he approached her. She felt herself relax more in his presence as he went and kissed her hand, making her heart skip a beat. "I'm glad that you could make it."

          "Thank Katerina for practically forcing me out the door," Marisol joked before clearing her throat, "Thank you for inviting me."

          "It's my pleasure, really," Elijah shook her off, locking their arms together and leading her further into the house, "Come, the table is almost set. Rebekah is so excited to meet you."

          Marisol nodded at the information, not saying in return about it because she wasn't sure how she felt about meeting Elijah's other siblings. She knew enough about Niklaus and had met him more than once, heard about him countless times from Katerina, but she knew almost nothing about Kol or Rebekah.

          And even more than that, she didn't want to meet them because that meant more commitment towards Elijah and it would be harder to break away from him when the time became necessary. She had lived in England for a long time, had made a home there, but now with Elijah...there was only so much time she had left in the country before she would have to leave and start over. Start over and forget about him and the way he made her feel.