𝖝𝖝𝖝. A Dance of Desire

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞: ❛ a dance of desire ❜ ◢

desire ❜ ◢

ELIJAH'S EYES MOVED CONFLICTEDLY FROM MARISOL TO THE STILL KLAUS. His breath hitched as he hesitated, helping Marisol to her feet again but not answering her previously imposed question. She still felt a little shaky – a hybrid slamming you into a wall with all their strength and breaking your bones would do that to you, even with vampire blood to heal.

          She stumbled a little but Elijah was there to ground her, and muttered out a little thanks for the effort. Once she found her footing, she looked to meet his eyes again, but he was trained towards his brother who he incapacitated. Any sighting of Marcel or Rebekah was long gone by now, and Marisol hoped they just kept running. A vengeful Klaus was not a friendly one by any means.

          "We'll get Klaus back to the Compound," Elijah began, "And decide the rest from there."

          "You're not really gonna leave him in this state?" Marisol eyed Klaus' figure suspiciously. On one hand, he could go on a warpath for his sister and Marcel, but on the other...

          What had even subdued him? Elijah plunged a dagger through him, but daggers don't normally work like that. Confusion meddled in her head and she felt utterly clueless to what happened, only that Klaus was down for the count and she didn't know why. Didn't know what was holding his body hostage.

          Elijah hesitated again as she turned her gaze back to him. "I want to be certain that Rebekah has time to run."

          "And so you'll leave him like this?" Marisol questioned again, demanding an answer, not simply asking.

          "He has left us in worst states for long periods of time before," Elijah avoided answering the question and she scoffed. This family – they aggravated her because they hurt each other, complained about it, and did it again.

          She couldn't imagine ever harming Magnus, and yet the Mikaelsons had no qualms in destroying each other. It was strange, though not unfound, and even if she didn't agree with much of what Klaus did, he didn't deserve this. None of them deserved to be daggered in any way shape or form.

          "Elijah," her tone was soft, because even though she was angry, she remembered how Klaus used him as a bargaining chip with Davina, "I know that Klaus has done this to you, but that doesn't justify you doing it to him. It's...if you want this cycle to end, don't perpetuate it. And would you really keep him like this when his baby is being born?"

          "Don't use that against me," Elijah eyed her, his tone sharp. Marisol reeled back for a moment, because never had Elijah used such a tone towards her. She had heard it before, plenty of times now, but it had never been directed to her. It had never been him harsh with her. Disappointed, sure, but not sharp. Not cold.