𝖝𝖎𝖛. Save Yourself

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: ❛ save yourself ❜ ◢

yourself ❜ ◢

MEETING KLAUS AGAIN DID NOT GO AS SHE HAD EXPECTED IT TO. Really, she expected that her head would be detached from her body her or heart ripped from her chest, maybe even a kidnapping as he brought her into a torture chamber to live out the rest of her days as a punishment for betraying him, not this. Not living in his debt as he tried to reclaim New Orleans for her friend and making her go along with it and help him.

          No, that was the last thing she would expect, because Klaus Mikaelson didn't do mercy, didn't give people second chances, though she supposed that this wasn't really a second chance or mercy because he wasn't letting her get away; he was just allowing her to live while she helped him take control of the city that he once called his.

          And it was simple, really: she was his man on the inside. Marcel trusted her, but he only trusted her with so much. In his eyes, she was still a human who had a good connection with the witches and now a good relationship with the vampires thanks to him bringing her in under his wing. Maybe one day, he would be able to change her into a vampire if she was good enough. That was his thought process, probably anyway, so while he trusted her, his day walkers knew a lot more than she did.

          Maybe Klaus thought if she seemed to cozy on up to him, so would Marcel, but she doubted that would be the case either. She was close to the witches and Marcel didn't like them anymore than he had before her arrival. He still saw them as a threat to his power, and he wasn't wrong because some of them were already planning an uprising.

          God, this was all the witches' faults. If they hadn't dragged the Originals back into town then she wouldn't be in this mess. She could still be friendly and lying to Marcel but in a different way and living her life without a care because there was no way the Mikaelsons would find her in New Orleans. Yeah, right. Now, she knew how wrong she was.

          But Sophie, Amelia, and the others had a different. They wanted an uprising, they wanted the Harvest carried out, and they wanted the Mikaelsons back in town to help. The most surprising fact of it all was that Klaus was going to be a dad, not that he had told her himself.

          Well, not through words, but he had moved her to where he was staying because he wanted eyes on her at all times, so there she met Hayley. The girl was nice, young and naïve and so innocent to everything, but she was nice. She kept asking for Elijah, which was odd because Marisol didn't even know that her old flame (old manipulator who was just helping Klaus kill her in a ritual, she had to remind herself) was in town because he was nowhere to be seen.

          But even Klaus seemed to recognize that he had been there, saying that now that he had accepted his role as a father Elijah left because his job was complete. Marisol couldn't pass judgement because it wasn't like she really know Elijah at all, even if a long time ago she thought that she had.