𝖝𝖎𝖎. The Final Bigoras

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊: ❛ the final bigoras ❜ ◢

bigoras ❜ ◢

"I MISS YOU," she said into her phone, swirling around her spoon in her coffee, staring out at all the little people going through their short, mundane lives with a sad look on her face as her tone grew soft as she uttered the words to the person on the other end.

          She wondered for a second, as she looked at all the people, hearing the little laughs they gave out, the blush of their cheeks from being complimented, seeing them touch each other lightly on their arms in a casual manner before breaking away, when she became so cynical. When she stopped seeing them as people who were living just like her before calling them small and short because their lifespan was nowhere near hers.

          There was a small chuckle on the other end. "I miss you too," the voice she knew all too well replied on the other end, repeating the same words she had, trying to be lighter but still with that soft tone she had because it really had been too long since they had properly seen each other in person. Two years at least.

          "Then you should come visit," she suggested to him, wishing that he would come and see her again.

          "Or maybe you should come and travel with him," he said instead, not answering to her suggestion.

          "Oh, come on, you know that my traveling days are behind me," she shrugged the offer off. She had five hundred years to travel the world, and while it was true it was always changing, going to the same old places and seeing the same old buildings, hearing the same old stories and legends was too exhausting. She always wondered why he still had the endless fascination to travel and never stay in one place for too long.

          Maybe it was her fault because in his youth she never stayed one place too long. Maybe that restlessness to leave without a trace plagued him now too many centuries later, so he couldn't settle down in a place and form a life there. He always wanted to go and leave, to see somewhere else, to hear the old stories melt together with the new ones, and see the renovations of the buildings he had belonged to decades ago.

          But she was much too old for that now. She had no reason to keep running, those she used to run from thought she was long since dead, so she could go around and stay in one town for years and have a short life with them before leaving them behind. It wasn't like she could ever truly stay in one place, not with her ageless face and body, but at least she could catch a glimpse of a normal, stationary life.

          Maybe that was why she was so cynical; she was jealous. Bitter that she couldn't have that because of one simple curse, but it was no use being so bitter anymore, because that was too long ago and she should just let go of it but she never seemed able to.