𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. Bayou Baby Doctor

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: ❛ bayou baby doctor ❜ ◢

          MARISOL ALMOST FELT LIKE A MODERN TEENAGER, LYING ON HER BED WITH HER PHONE AGAINST HER EAR AS SHE SMILED. However, unlike a modern teenager, she wasn't talking to her boyfriend or crush (because she was too old for simple terms like that, they seemed so...childish), she was talking to Magnus, who filled her with joy like no one else.

"How's Spain?" she asked him, messing with her pillow, looking at the ceiling.

"The same as Spain always is," Magnus answered and she knew that he shrugged when he did, because that's what he always did. It gave her comfort that even though he was across the sea, she still knew his manners and it could feel like a real life conversation, "It's still beautiful and enchanting, but also so terribly boring at times."

Marisol couldn't help but snort at him, "Only you would think that Spain can be boring."

"Hey! It's just the same old, like always. I've been here a million times and it's never changing, so of course I get bored," Magnus defended himself but Marisol shook her head, amused.

The unchanging atmosphere of places was why she liked them. Even though New Orleans had developed and grown so large in the almost century she had left it, it still held the same quality. New York was always changing, but like all of California, but New Orleans...it changed, yes, and it grew, but it still held that old charm.

It still felt the same even though so much time had passed. It was unmoving, still in time, and while he adapted it still had qualities of the past and the streets still looked the same, if a bit livelier with more buildings, but they weren't overwhelming modern in any way.

Marisol liked places that were almost locked in time, that never changed. She liked going back to places and still finding the same city, not an empire in its place. New York's transformations were always entrancing, and you could spend years there and go back and find a new place in its wake, but those were always reminder of time. She had an abundance of it, and she liked to see how the world changed, but she also liked reminders of the past.

Cities that still held old charm had a special place in her heart, and it was why she returned to New Orleans in the first place. But she didn't like monuments, or going to Greece to see the Parthenon for the millionth time to see it slightly degrade. Cities were different, because they were places she could live and experience the past, but monuments were just items. Items that were locked in time, they didn't have people, they didn't have charm.

But that was what Magnus liked. Magnus hated cities that never changed like her. He liked new, modern, but he also adored monuments locked in time. They were her cities, because those items never changed only degraded with the passage of time, and he liked to see that. So he didn't like Spain that never changed, and he didn't like New Orleans that was still the same, but she adored it. And she didn't like the Parthenon or anything else while he adored it.