𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. Strength in Bonds

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗: ❛ strength in bonds ❜ ◢

in bonds ❜ ◢

          AS SHE STARED INTO THE MIRROR, SHE PUSHED ANY MEMORY OF THE NIGHT BEFORE OUT OF HER MIND. It was a disastrous nightmare, ending with her falling to her knees in weakness, unable to take anything more and leaning against Magnus for all her support, but it couldn't be real. If she allowed it to be real, she would fall again and be weak again, and that was not something she could afford at the moment.

There was a pregnant woman on the premise, vampires guarding her, and she had to be strong for her. Hayley didn't need a weak werewolf, she needed a rock who never wavered. So, Marisol refused to admit that she wavered and instead pretend that it had never happened in the first place. That was a silly little dream, it didn't have to be her reality.

She could pretend and live in a world where everything was fine and dandy with Magnus, where they never fought and he never turned his back on her and she never betrayed him to begin with. She could pretend that they were best friends and she could call him up at any moment even though she knew she couldn't in the back of her head. But she could pretend, and she was awfully good at pretending.

Turning away from the mirror, and away from her ever-young face that never wrinkled or withered, she went to her door. Her face showed no sign of the night before either, nothing about her appearance did, so it had never happened.

When she left her room, she could see Diego in the corridor. He didn't look at her, hadn't been able to, and whenever his eyes did seem to pass her all he could muster was disgust. Maybe at himself for ever liking her and sleeping with her, or maybe directly towards her for being a disgrace of a human being.

She was, she thought, and any reason he was disgusted at her was verified, but it still struck a chord in her. It shouldn't have, she never cared for him before, but now that all he could do was hate her, bitterness growing inside him at the sight of her, she wanted him to like her so much. But she was never good at keeping the good attention of others, one way or another she always destroyed it.

As swiftly as she saw Diego, he was gone, running downstairs and she could hear him almost arrogantly ask, "Going somewhere?" Marisol's eyes carried her downstairs where he was, seeing Hayley giving him a disgruntled look.

But the look faded quickly as well, because he fell to the ground limp with Elijah standing where he once stood. Marisol blinked, a little surprised although she was sure she shouldn't be. He always seemed to turn up somehow, especially for Hayley. But she hadn't seen him since they were in the bayou together and he dreamed of Celeste – a woman he actually loved – and resentment grew inside her.