𝖝𝖎. Merciless Beings

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓: ❛ merciless beings ❜ ◢

beings ❜ ◢

MORE THAN A DECADE HAD PASSED SINCE SHE HAD LAST SEEN THE MIKAELSON FAMILY. For over ten years, she had run all throughout Europe, making sure to be quiet, to never stay anywhere for too long, and to protect Magnus and herself from the family she had robbed.

Elijah had only guaranteed their leave, but he did not guarantee their lives, so Marisol did everything in her power to keep herself and Magnus alive and thriving. He was a charming teenager now, courting a young woman named Lilith White who was a beauty around the small village. Marisol was happy for them, of course, though she did not know how it would turn out.

Technically, Niklaus knew nothing of Magnus' existence, unless Elijah told him. And no one in the family knew his name, only hers, unless Katerina was caught and gave up the names of not only Magnus but her entire family. For over a decade, she had thought about Katerina and wondered of her fate, but there was no way of knowing, so she tried to keep her mind off of her old friend.

She hoped that Katerina got away and was now living a good life, perhaps with Trevor and Rose, for Trevor could never truly leave his friend and Rose would never stray too far from Trevor even if she did not agree with his methods all the time. But she had no confirmation to that, and no way of finding out, so she tried not to torture herself with questions that could have no answers.

All she knew was that she and Magnus were alive, and that he was thriving while she watched carefully over him. Marisol did not mind only being his protector and having no real life of her own. She had a slice of life and it ended with their being runaways, with the man she thought loved her only truly going after her to sacrifice her. So, she never did anything for herself anymore, and instead dedicated her entire being to Magnus.

But Magnus liked this village they were staying in, he had Lilith and he had other friends. No one knew that they were supernatural, and they made sure to keep quiet about it. Although he liked it, Marisol knew that they could not stay. Or, at least, she could not. She always dreaded the day Magnus would grow up and be able to live without her, and now he was a grown man, seventeen, and Lilith's family was accepting him.

If he chose to, when the time came for her to leave, he could stay here and she would never see him again. Marisol had made a habit of never returning to the towns she left, just in case, and even if Magnus stayed, she could not do differently. If she came back, someone could follow her, and that would be the end of him and she would never forgive herself if anything happened to him.

Because technically, Magnus was not a runaway like she was. He could live a normal life while she could not, and he could stay in one town and have a family, grow old, and die with children and a wife around him. Marisol would always have to stay on the run, she could never know this free, normal life he was able to have, but she did not find herself envious of him.