𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. As I Fall Apart

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝: ❛ as i fall apart ❜ ◢

apart ❜ ◢

THE REVIVED DAVINA DID NOT KNOW WHAT PEACE WAS. Every waking moment of her existence was filled with loud screams, and throwing vases against the wall to ward out any unwelcome visitors, making it nearly impossible to stay at the Compound. She knew it was quite self-centered to make it all about her, but it was a nuisance having the teenager there, though she couldn't explain blame her.

          Being killed would make anyone a little crabby, so she understood where Davina came from even though she had never felt the bitter taste of death herself. She remained free from that, but perhaps free was not quite the right word. It wasn't as much of a blessing as it was an inescapable curse that kept her from it. 

          For someone who couldn't yet die, she thought about that fact a lot. The possibility of death, the feeling of it, as life dripped away from her. Everyone around her had died at least once before – excusing Hayley, who remained just as alive as her. They knew death's cold embrace as it took them, and they knew the warm feeling of waking up again.

          Magnus refused to talk about it. He remained adamant to forget when his neck snapped the first time, just a young boy back then, and he never told her again what it was like to die as a vampire temporarily. She remained ignorant to something that surrounded her life, untouchable by death until it took who she loved the most in the world.

          Marisol rubbed her temples, a headache formed from the constant screaming match Davina was having with anyone who entered her room. Right now the victim was Marcel, who was trying to get her to eat, though was unsuccessful.

          For someone who knew a lot of information about the young witch – or at least enough – she had never actually talked to the girl. Davina remained an unidentified mystery in her life, who was just a big talk yet not a face to go with the name.

          She made her way upstairs, entering the thick-tensioned room and sighing. "Marcel, go," she looked at her friend, "Let me talk to her."

          "No!" Davina yelled in disagreement, so Marisol turned to glare at her.

          Marcel gave her an apprehensive look. "I don't think that's the best idea, Mars."

          "Just give me a moment alone with her, okay? It's not like you're making any progress," she softened a little at the worry coating his features, reminding her of herself and Magnus, "Go. You can come back in later."

          He gave Davina one last look before leaving the room, closing the door behind him. Davina crossed her arms and Marisol took a seat on the edge of the bed, which she was sure was more than anyone else was able to do.