𝖛𝖎𝖎. Fleeting Pain

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓: ❛ fleeting pain ❜ ◢

EVEN THOUGH HER HEART WAS HEAVY WITH THE GUILT OF THE FRUITLESSNESS OF ELIJAH'S COURTSHIP, SHE STILL TOOK HIM ON AS A FRIEND. Though her heart ached for him and wept for the day when she would eventually leave him, neither gaining from the relationship what they truly wanted, she still could not stand to say goodbye to him while she was still in London. It would be easier in the long run, when there would come a day when she would never see his face again, but she always choked up whenever she tried to tell him off forever.

         They had not known each other long, but it seemed he had captured her heart and was not letting go without a fight – one that Marisol could not find it in her herself to win. She too didn't want him to let go and leave her, so she let him have it even though her heart would bleed when the day came to leave. She had believed for a long time that she could stay in London forever with Magnus, raising him and giving him the life this place offered until she watched him marry and leave her all alone. She had believed that this was where she would wither and grow old, but Elijah changed everything.

         Because she could not stay when Elijah saw Magnus, when he believed her impure and used, carrying a child out of wedlock and keeping him by her side, raising him as if he meant more than a bastard – but Magnus did. Her darling Magnus, her nephew she would give her life over, did mean more than anything others said about them and about her, because he was her family, her blood, and her last connection to her past.

         He was alive and he would be free. Not locked in a marriage with someone he barely knew, not chained to the structure of a village with ancestors, he would be free and Marisol would support him forever. She would guide him towards the light so that he may never stray to where she had gone.

         Her was her darling more than Elijah was her love. Elijah may hold her heart, but her heart was Magnus ever since the day she had delivered him from Ophelia. Magnus was her heart and her soul, her entire reason for living, he gave her more than love, so she would choose him forever.

         Elijah was temporary, Magnus was forever.

         Still, she could not stray from the Mikaelson man. He still held her heart, after all, and had no intentions of giving it back. So he accompanied her to the market and helped her with her groceries and tried to persuade her into another necklace or earing which she would have to scold him about even though her heart sung for one more piece of fine jewelry.

         "I hope that Niklaus' story did not scare you the other day," Elijah told her as they walked together, "I don't think that was his intention."

         "I liked the story. Well, most of it at least," Marisol said in return, "It was fun and fantasy-filled."

         "Yes, fantasies. Niklaus seems to get carried away in those quite a lot," Elijah sighed, though it mostly sounded like he was speaking to himself and not her so she didn't respond until he cleared his throat and returned to the ground, "So, you don't believe in them? Vampires, I mean?"