01

My pager beeps waking me up from my precious sleep. I look at the time, my phone reads eight AM. I just got to bed like an hour ago, this is what happens when you work in a city where people are always getting shot or stabbed.

I groan and yell into my pillow, knowing that I have no choice I get up and rush into my scrubs. I go into my bathroom throwing some water over my face. I walk into my son's room waking him up, "Jake, wake up buddy," I say shaking his body.

He groans opening his brown eyes, he sucks his tongue between his teeth rubbing his sleepy eyes, "I have to go to work, get dress," I say leaving his room. "You are going to uncle Frankie's house," I add. He wouldn't have to wake up early if he didn't cause the nanny to quit yesterday. That's the third nanny this month, I honestly do not know what to do with him.

I skip down my stairs in a hurry pouring myself some coffee once I reach the kitchen. My stomach growls as I take a sip of the coffee. I will not have enough time to heat myself some soup anyway. I am about to yell for Jacob to come down when he comes dragging himself, I grab his arm and we head out the door.

"I don't know why I can't just spend the summer with dad," he says with a frown from the back seat as I speed my way to Frankie's house. I shake my head, why are kids so ungrateful? If his father wanted him to spend the summer with him, he would have asked.

"Because your father does not have any idea how to take care of you," I tell him.

"And you do?" He asks rudely. God, please help me so I don't kill this child.

"I'd like to think so and your father is too busy planning his wedding to be taking care of you," I say. His father is too busy planning his wedding, I feel bad for this bitch who has to marry him.

I look at him in the rearview mirror sighing. I get in front of Frankie's house and I stop, "I love you," I shout at him as he exits the car.

"Whatever," he shouts back slamming the car door. If I ever acted like this with my parents I would have gotten my butt whoop already. I'm trying my best not to whoop his butt, but this kid is making it really hard. He is only ten years old and he is this much trouble, what about when he's a teenager? I thought boys were supposed to love their mothers.

After fifteen minutes of driving, I reach St-Mark medical Center where I have worked as a surgeon for the past two years. I love my job, but sometimes it gets frustrated getting called in at all hours. "What do we have, Emma?" I ask the nurse who is running up to me.

"Boy shot twice in the chest barely missing the heart, emergency surgery stat," she says throwing me his chart. I give the chart one glance rushing to the OR. I prep for surgery doing things like washing my hands and putting my surgical apron on.

I open the door and see the boy lying down looking hopeless. I say a quick prayer in my head, "let's get this started," I say to the nurse and the two doctors who are in there waiting for me. My typical day at work.

''''''''''

"Hey DuBois, I didn't know you were on the clock today," one of the ER doctors, Zoey, says as I instruct one of the nurses on what she should do for the patient.

"I was on call," I inform her walking up to her.

"Emergency surgery?" She asks. I nod my head and she sighs giving me a sympathetic look. She puts her dark hair in a low ponytail studying the chart that is in her hand.

"I'm going to pick up Jacob then get myself something to eat, good luck with your shift," I say giving her a pat on the back.

"Another nanny quit again?" She asks.

"Yeah," I say rubbing my tired eyes.

"Just hire him a butler, that's what I did with my daughter," she says. "The butler will just cook, clean, do the laundry, so he won't feel like he is being looked after," she adds.

"You think it's going to work?" I ask her.

"Yep," she answers.

"What's the website?" I ask her.

"Findmeabutler.com," she answers. I grab my phone out of my pocket and start typing in the website in my search engine.

"Wouldn't a maid be easier?" I ask her. It's my understanding that butlers are guys.

"Nope, guys have less drama," she says. The ambulance stops in front of the ER and the EMTs rush inside with a patient. "I have to go, leave before they make you stay to help!" She yells rushing to the patient on the stretcher. I chuckle at her and get out of the ER. She is right, people do have a tendency of saying 'Doctor DuBois, lend me a hand.' I have no problem with helping, however it is really frustrating when you are tired and just want to go home.

The website asks me to create an account and I do so as I enter my car. After creating my account, I enter what I will need to be done such as cooking and cleaning, I enter where I live and the website says they'll send me someone who matches my criteria. Seems easy enough, I put my phone down and drive to Frank's house to pick up Jacob.

'''''''

I fix my skirt making sure I look representable. I don't know why I am bothering on looking good, it's not like I am the done coming to the interview. I still want to look professional so the person knows I don't play and I am all about business.

"Where are you going?" Jacob asks walking into my room. The boy also has no manners, he enters a room without even knocking. I just wish my mom was around, she would correct this boy before I knew it. I'm too nice, I don't want to beat him nor yell at him. I was too soft on him growing up and he turned out so wrong.

"Knock before you enter a room," I tell him raising my index finger at him making sure he understands me. "And I have an interview to do, you stay in your room until I call you," I say leaving the room. I know if I don't tell him, he will start running around the house and disturbing my interview.

The doorbell rings, I smile, he is ten minutes early, I feel like he will be perfect. I open the door with a smile, my jaw drops when I see the person who might become my butler.

AN

First Chapter, please tell me what you guys think...

Will you guys be looking forward to reading it?

Au Revoir...