Epilogue

"Sweetheart, wake up," I hear Luke say besides me. I groan and pull the covers over my body even more. Why am I getting up?" I ask myself. He starts tickling me making me quickly sit up. He knows I hate when people tickle me. I open my eyes to see him lying down beside me a smile planted on his face. I wonder why he is such a morning person. 

"What time is it?" I ask him one second away from lying back down. 

"Ten," he replies. I then remember I told him to wake me up at that time the night before. "I made breakfast," he says. He comes and kisses my cheek, "come down to eat. I mean unless there's something else you want to eat," he starts placing kisses on my neck. 

"Luke!" I yell laughing, "that is not appropriate," I tell him. He chuckles as he continues to kiss me sending shivers through my body. He pulls away and smiles, I watch as he gets up and walks out the door. "I'll be down in a second," I tell him before he has a chance to leave. He shakes his head and closes the door. I smile at myself in the room before finally pulling the covers off of me completely and getting out of bed. 

I take my clothes off and hop in the shower. After about twenty minutes in there, I get out and put some shorts on with a tank top since I am off today. I walk out of the room, everything seems strange. I was so used to my old house that I find it hard to get used to living in a new place. It is not as big as the old house, I mean the old place did have unnecessary rooms but it is home. It's Luke and I's home. I walk to Jake's room to see if he is awake.

There is no one in the room and his bed is made, Weird, I tell myself. His dad is taking him to Europe for the summer and I guess he is so excited that he woke up early. I know I said I did not want Juan to take him across the world without me, but what's the harm? I told Jake to call me every day, I think he will be fine. 

I finally go down the stairs to the kitchen. The kitchen smells amazing with breakfast, "morning mom," Jake says seated on one of the stools. 

"Morning," I say lazily taking a seat beside him. "Excited for Europe?" I ask him. He quickly nods his head, " don't forget to call me every day," I remind him. 

"Mom, I will," he says with a smile. I smile back, I will miss him. He is spending a month away with Gloria too I might add. Luke walks into the kitchen also dress for work. 

"Look who decided to wake up," he says sarcastically. I laugh shaking my head. Just then the doorbell rings, Jake quickly gets up running up the stairs. "Juan's here," Luke says. 

I go to the door and open it, Juan is standing with Gloria. The old me would have rolled my eyes right now, but I give them both a smile. "Hey," I greet them. 

"Hey," they both reply in unison. 

"Call me when you guys get there," I tell Juan, "and don't do anything crazy," I say knowing him. He probably will do something crazy, I sigh. Gloria is going and she seems like a sane person. 

"Sweetheart, he will return in one piece," Juan says. He still has not stopped calling me sweetheart. I just ignore it now. He seems to call me that in front of everyone acting as if it's not a big deal. Jake then comes back downstairs with his luggage ready. "Ready buddy?" Juan asks him. He nods his head, Juan takes his bag for him. I watch as he goes and puts the bags in the car.

"Have fun," I tell Jake. "I'll miss you," I say giving him a hug. I have never been away from him for more than a week and that's only because he was at Juan's house. Now he is going across the world, who knows what might happen. 

"I'll miss you too," he says. "Mom, please don't cry," he says. 

"I won't, I'm not," I say holding back the tears. He pulls away and I watch as he gives Luke a hug also. "Bye," I say. He smiles and he makes his way to his dad's car. I close the door after they have driven away. I turn around and luke is standing there, the house feels silent already. "Maybe he'll hate it and beg his dad to come back," I say full of hope. 

"I doubt that," Luke says. I frown, he pulls me into a hug. "You'll be fine, it's only a month and you can video chat him every day," he whispers in my ear as he hugs me. I smile, I feel better already. 

"Thank you,"I tell him. We only have been married for almost two months and everything is great. My mom says it's because we are still in the honeymoon phase, but I don't know, I think everything will stay great. "I have something I want to tell you," I tell him pulling away. I pull his hands and we make our way up the stairs. 

"What is it?" He asks me when we enter our room. "It's not bad news, is it?" He asks obviously worried. I shake my head no and he sighs, "okay then, let's hear the good news," he says with much enthusiasm. 

"Okay, but cover your eyes," I tell him. He nods his head and covers his eyes with his hands, "no peeking," I remind him. 

"No peeking," he repeats. I smile and walk to the closet to pull out what I want to show him. It's a onesie I had bought the day before just to give him the exciting news. This is a big deal for him, it's something he wants and he has been waiting his whole life for. "How much longer, sweetheart?" He asks me from outside. 

I smile and walk out holding up the onesie, "you can open your eyes now," I tell him. He nods his head and I watch as he slowly takes his hand away from his eyes. He looks at me then looks down at the small clothing I am holding. 

"A onesie?" He asks me. I nod my head, "you're pregnant?" He asks me. I nod my head again, "you're pregnant," he says with a smile this time. I nod my head again, he quickly gives me a hug. Part of me is worried that I will also lose this baby, but I'll never know is I don't try. Luke wants this and I want to be able to give him the only thing he has ever wanted. "I'm going to be a dad," he says. 

"Yes you are," I tell him. "I love you," I add.

"I love you more."

AN

Thank you to all those who read this book...

Tell me what was your favorite moment from this book in the comments...

Don't forget to check out my other works.

-Brother's Girl

-My Ex

-His Savior

Au Revoir...