22

"Hey," I say entering Luke's room after my shower. He looks up from his book and smiles. It had become a habit for us, we spent most nights just talking to each other. I barely got to see him anyway, so the late night talks are when I have time to.

I close the door and take a seat next to him on the bed, I lean on the bed frame just like he did.

"What did you do today besides reading," I ask him. He closes the book and looks at me.

"A lot of things," he replies. I nod my head, "how was your day?" He asks me.

"Busy," I say. I criss-cross my legs getting comfortable on the bed. I don't even have to talk to him, but I just feel really comfortable when I am around him.

Luke put his hand on my bare thighs, I look down at it, but don't say anything. "You're working tomorrow?" He asks. I shake my head no and he nods his head. "Are you sure you're getting enough sleep?" He asks me again.

"Yeah, I am," I say. He rubs his hand on my thighs gently. It takes me by surprise how his hand feels on my skin even though he's touched me a million times before. I could feel the hair on my skin rise, I could see the goosebumps on my skin. His touch is driving me crazy, I turn to look at him. His head is lean back and his eyes are closed, I don't think he understands how he is affecting me right now.

He continues to rub my skin as I stare at him, "what is it?" He asks without opening his eyes. I don't answer him, he opens his eyes and stares at me. "You okay?" He asks.

"Yes, just please stop," I tell him.

"Stop what?" He asks innocently a smirk planted on his face. I put my hand on his and remove it from my thighs. He chuckles and licks his lips.

I roll my eyes, he puts his hand back on my thighs and starts rubbing it again. "Luke," I groan.

"Yes?" He asks raising his eyebrow. "What am I doing wrong?" He asks shrugging his shoulders. He chuckles and passes his hands through his messy hair. I remove his hand once more and hold them this time so he doesn't put them back and drive me crazy. "What's wrong with me touching your thighs?" He asks.

"Everything," I answer him. "It drives me crazy," I add. 

"Really?" He asks putting his available hand over his heart. I just laugh, he looks and me and chuckles. "You have a weird laugh," he says.

I frown, "I guess I'll stop laughing," I say. My laugh is crazy, he's not the first person who has said that, according to them, I go way out when I try to laugh. It's not my fault that I can't fake a laugh. 

"It was a compliment," he says. "Your laugh sound so crazy, and I like that you laugh will all your face, you laugh with your eyes. It shows how genuine your laugh really is," I give him a small smile and put my head back on the bed frame. 

"I have to get to bed," I tell him after a while. "I'm feeling a little tired and I have an early morning," I add.

"Though you weren't working?" He asks raising his eyebrow.

"I'm not, but school opens in a week and I promise Jake I would take him to this stupid museum, so we're going tomorrow," I inform him. "By the way, do you want to come?" I ask him. He shakes his head no, "come on, please," I beg him. "Toph is going to this thing they're doing to honor the veterans, I don't want to be in a dinosaur museum by myself."

"What's wrong with dinosaurs?" He asks.

"Nothing, I just think we should forget about them," I tell them. I try to like dinosaurs and believe they once existed, but a part of me doesn't believe they existed at all. Like if they existed before the human race, was that before God created the heavens and the Earth too? I can't help but feel really conflicted on this subject. Maybe I should do some research on them or something. "Will you come through?" I ask him flapping my eyebrows hoping he would come.

"Sure," he says biting down his bottom lip. 

"Thank you," I say, "I owe you," I add. I kiss his lips gently and try to get up to go get some sleep. He grabs my hand making me hit his chest, he kisses me.

"Goodnight," he says pulling away.

"Goodnight," I say back.

'''''''

"Mom!" Jake yells my name. I turn to his direction, we just got out of the car, didn't even reach inside the museum yet. "Even the outside looks cool," he says. I look up to the statue he is looking at. It is a dinosaur holding up the name of the museum, I roll my eyes at it. Really? A dinosaur holding up a sign? 

"Yeah, pretty cool," I reply to Jake. We enter the museum and meet up where they say the tour guide would be waiting. After enough people have come, the young man starts talking about the museum and what to expect to see. He says the basic like not touching anything, leaving him, and being disrespectful. He then starts walking, after that I pretty much shut him out. "See what I mean?" I ask Luke when we stop by a Spinosaurus. 

Jake seems fascinated by it and go closer. "You got to admit that it looks pretty cool," Luke says. "They did a great job with the recreation," he says. I look at him, I didn't know that he cared about dinosaurs. "I'm a geek, sorry," he raises his hand up in surrender.

"Mhmm," I say, "geeks are cool," I say. 

I look over at Jake who looks like he is one step away from touching the thing. That's how excited he seems, if only I knew, all it took to get him out of the house was a trip to the museum. Sometimes, I wonder why he doesn't make friends with kids at school He doesn't hang out with any kids his age, even his online video game friends are older than him. "What?" Luke asks me.

I look at him after noticing I blanked out for a while, "nothing, I just can't understand why Jake's so happy just being at a museum," I say.

"Probably because he feels home, he's around things he loves," he says.

"Yeah, I just can't help but feel like he's a little anti-social. That's not normal for a ten-year-old," I say. "When I was ten, I was having sleepovers with my friends. Jake doesn't even talk to anyone at his school, doesn't even want to join any club," I say.

"Some kids just prefer to keep to themselves, I don't believe there's anything wrong with that," Luke says. "Do you blame him when you think about it?" He asks. "People nowadays are just so disloyal, and fake. All they care about is their selves only," he adds.

"Experience?" He asks.

"Maybe," he answers. "But you know I'm right," he says.

"Yeah," I say. "Why haven't you had kids again?" I ask him. He would be such an amazing father.

"I haven't found the right person," he answers.

"Never dated someone you'd think would be worthy of being your kid's mother?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I did once," he says. I look up at him, what happened? Did she break his heart? "When I lived in France," he continues. "She died," he finishes.

"What?" I ask him, "I'm so sorry," I say.

"What happened?" I ask him, "if you don't mind," I add just in case he would get offended by me asking that question. 

"There was a shooting on the train she was riding to get back to the Uni after Christmas. She died a few hours later in the hospital," he says. 

"I'm sorry," I say once more.

"It's fine, I learned a long time ago that people around me seem to die, maybe I'm cursed or something."

He is anything but cursed, but I choose not to say anything. "Take a picture, mom!" Jake yells I smile at him and take out my phone taking a picture of him and the dinosaur.

AN

Have you ever lost someone close to you?

Thanks for reading...

Au Revoir...