07

"No fair!" Jake shouts, "you clearly cheated," he adds taking a set on the sofa. I stick my tongue out, I'm the worst mom ever. I always end up beating him when we play video games together, it's not my fault I grew up with my brother who is a pro at all things video games.

"I didn't," I reply in a sorry face, "why can't you accept that I'm just better than you at playing?" I ask him. He gives me a death glare, "you can have ice-cream later," I tell him. He still doesn't smile. Why would I think ice-cream would work on him, he's ten for God's sake.

He lets a small smile come to his face, "can you teach me the technique you used so I can beat dad next time?" He asks.

I put my hand on my chest, I've never felt prouder to be his mother, "nothing would make me happier," I answer him. "Not now though, my hands hurt," I tell him. He nods his head in understanding. He gets up and goes outside. I watch from the glass door as he takes his shirt off and jumps in the pool.

It is pretty hot seeing that it is almost mid-summer, this weekend is the fourth of July which means I get to see my parents. The last time I saw them was Christmas, I can't believe how much I miss them. Sometimes, I feel like telling them to move back home, but I don't want to be the selfish daughter who wouldn't give her parents a break even after raising for all these years. They wanted to be in the sun enjoying each other's company, not with their clingy daughter.

I set the video controller down and went to the kitchen to grab myself a snack. I grab an apple from the counter and decided to walk around the house since I barely have a chance to see the place. I stand in front of Luke's door, I haven't seen him all morning.

I don't blame him, it is his day off, but he doesn't usually go anywhere on his off days. Maybe he is avoiding me because he thinks I was spying on him the last time he was talking to the person I believe is his mother.

I couldn't stop thinking about what he said, he wanted her to kill someone or something. He opens his door staring at me, I wave at him awkwardly, did he know I was standing by his door. "You wanted something?" He asks me, "you know you can knock on the door right?" He also asks.

"No, I didn't want anything, sorry to bother you on your day off. How did you know I was at the door?" I ask him. The door was closed unless he has cameras in front of the door, there was no way of him knowing someone was at the door.

"I just know, I guess. I could hear your footsteps, I just felt you stop right here," he informs me.

"Good ears," I say touching my ears.

"More like experience," he replies.

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"When I did something wrong as a kid, I would come hide in my room and my dad used to come find me every time. Over time, I guess I learned how to tell when someone's coming by a door."

I chuckle, "why would you hide?" I ask him, "I mean you got to know you're going to get punish anyways, the sooner you get your punishment the sooner it ends. What's a week without technology anyways?" I ask him.

"Technology?" He asks, "I wish that was the punishments," he whispers more to himself, but I heard him anyway.

"What were the punishments?" I ask him getting curious.

"I'd rather not talk about it," he answers. Now I am starting to think it was more of a physical punishment. I've only gotten a butt whopping one time and that was because I jumped a girl at school for talking to Juan when she knew I was dating him.

Now that I think about it, that was really stupid of me. That's one of the reasons, Juan is bad for me, when I'm with him, it's like all my senses fly away. The funny thing is, I still feel the same way around him even after years of us not being together. I was seventeen, but my mom still beat me up. After that, my mom just loved to make threats without following through with them. "I'm sorry," I tell him.

"For what?" He asks.

"For your punishments," I reply.

"Oh, that was ages ago," he answers. "You have nothing to be sorry for," he adds. I look down at him, he isn't in his usual unnecessary formal clothes. He is in a simple white t-shirt and sweatpants. His body hugs the shirt perfectly showing off all his muscles and abs, he scratches his throat making me look up. "You sure you didn't want anything?" He asks.

I shook my head awkwardly, "what are you doing?" I ask him.

"Reading," he answers.

"Reading?" I question, he nods his head. He reads too, "don't you want to do anything fun?" I ask him.

"Reading is fun," he answers.

"Yes, but I meant more adventurous," I explain to him. "Come on," I say grabbing his hand. He does not hold back at all, I take him out the backyard. "Look we have a pool, courts, have fun!" I yell. He looks at me smiling, he looks around.

I am about to tell him more when my body is pushed into the pool. I groan in frustration, "Jake!" I yell, he stands there laughing. "I just straightened my hair this morning," I say. My hair is now going to go back to its natural form which I hate. All my clothes are now wet. Luke and Jake can't hold back their laughter making me laugh also.

I want to be mad at him for what he did, but how could I? When he looks so happy that his dimples were showing. He grabs Luke's hand telling him to go also, "nope," Luke resisted. "Can I at least change into swim clothes?" He asks when Jake wouldn't stop bothering him. Jake shakes his head and grabs his hand. They both jump into the pool.

''''''''''

"It's getting late, go dry yourself so you can eat something," I tell Jake. Without arguing with me, he gets out of the water and makes his way inside the house. "See, that was fun," I tell Luke who was still in the water.

"I guess," he replies. I chuckle and sit on the stairs of the pool. I pass my hand through my hair and frown, now I feel like killing Jake again. He doesn't understand the amount of work I put in my to make my hair look this good. "I wouldn't advise on killing him," Luke says.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask him.

"Yeah, and your hair looks fine," he adds.

"Yeah right," I say rolling my eyes.

"I'm serious," he says getting out of the water. His shirt is wet which by the way is even a better view than before. I mentally slap myself, I'm a doctor I've seen plenty of guy's muscles I try to tell myself. "In my opinion, your natural hair is prettier than when you straighten it," he says getting back to the conversation.

I look at the man who is standing in front of me, he looks like an angel-I mean a man like all the others. He passes his hand through his wet hair getting it out of his perfect face. "Mom, Mom," Jake says repeatedly. I snap out of my thoughts turning to him, "can we order pizza?" He asks hope written all over his face.

"Yeah," I answer getting up. As I am about to enter the house. I hear my pager beeping. I sigh, "I guess you're gonna have to order the pizza yourself, kiddo," I tell Jake. He frowns running up the stairs.

I run up to my room to get some dry clothes to wear.

AN

Merry Christmas everyone.

Please Vote and Comment. Pleasseee!!!!

I want to know your opinion's.

Au Revoir...