12

"Oh, honey," my dad says as I walk out the backyard after getting a bottle of water from the kitchen. I look at him with a weird expression wondering why he is giving me pouty lips. "We thought you quit," he says pouting his lips even more. I get what he is trying to do, he's trying to get me to quit so I don't swim. My brother used to always win, but since he hasn't been here, I've been winning. The only reason I didn't win last year was because I let Jacob win.

"In your dreams old man," I tell my dad. The competition doesn't start for another thirty minutes so I put my hat on to hide my face from the sun and take a seat beside my mom. 

"Where's Luke?" My mom asks me.

"He's probably in his room," I tell my mom wondering why she cares where he is. I haven't seen him since last night and I am so grateful for that. I want to be mad at him for kissing me, but then I remember I wanted the same damn thing last night. I still want to do the same thing, I want my lips to touch his, I want his hands to touch my body.

"What did I tell you?" My mom asks taking her sunglasses off.

"You tell me a lot of things, mama. You're going to have to be specific," I say.

"When you live with someone, you have to treat them like family. Come on, Christine, I raised you better than that, go ahead and invite him out here. I'm sure he would rather be around people than around his thoughts," she says. She puts back her sunglasses and leans back on the beach chair. I sigh taking off my hat and walk back inside the house.

I walk to the hallway and stop in front of Luke's door. I stand there asking myself is seeing him is a good thing right now. I stand for a few more seconds, I thought he would come open the door by now since he knows when people are by the door. I raise my hand about to knock when I see that the door is open. I open the door slowly to see him laying down his eyes shut with headphones in. His hands are under his head, he looks so peaceful. "Hi," he says without even opening his eyes.

"Oh, you know I'm here?" I ask, but it came more as a question. 

"Yes I do," he says still not opening his eyes. I check him out as he lays there, he has a tank top on and he is in his boxers. His penis looks so big, I quickly turn my eyes keeping my self from doing that. I'm a doctor, I've seen plenty of naked people, it's no big deal. I let out a deep breath and look around the room.

I haven't been here since he moved in, he didn't change it much. He has books on the bookshelf, a bunch of them actually. I look on his nightstand and see a picture, I pick it up. It was the picture of three children, two of them looking the same age and one who looks younger. I focus on the older boy, it looks a lot like Luke, actually, that is him. "Is that you?" I ask him. 

I turn to look at him, he opens his eyes getting up. He looks at the picture and nods his head. "You were a handsome kid," I tell him. He raises his eyebrow, "I don't mean you're ugly now, I just mean that you were- I'm gonna shut up," I restrain myself from saying anything more embarrassing. "You're a twin?" I ask him looking at the girl standing next to him. She looks exactly like him, the same blonde hair, the same blue eyes, and the same bright smile. 

"Had, she's dead and that's my little brother before you ask," he says pointing at the little boy. 

"Oh I'm sorry," I say, 

"It's fine, everyone dies," he says. "Any more questions?" He asks. 

I look at the picture trying to see if I have any more questions,"where's your mom and dad?" I ask him.

"My mom was taking the picture," he says. 

"What about your dad?" I ask him.

"I'd rather-"