50

"Y'all all crazy," I tell my family. Today is finally Christmas and we are eating breakfast together and what not. It feels good being around everyone and I have to admit, I do love the warm climate Florida has despite it being Christmas. 

"Genetics," my dad says. I chuckle and shake my head. "Who's ready for today?" He asks. 

"What do you guys do?" Luke whispers to my side. I chuckle, I'm glad he is having a good time. I still haven't told him that I called his mother, he would be furious.

"We cook together," I tell him. He smiles, of course, he would enjoy it. I just want to go lay down and relax right now. I don't know if it's the pregnancy but I've been feeling more tired than usual. "Anyways, I'm going back to bed," I tell everyone getting up from my seat.

"Honey, you usually make the green beans," my mom frowns. "They don't turn out the best, but they're made out of love," everyone laughs. She has to say something to ruin it.

"I'll make them," Luke volunteers himself. I mouth him a thank you and leave the kitchen. I make my way to my room, I close the door and lie down. I feel better already, maybe I'm getting sick, I frown, I don't remember the last time I was sick. "Christine," I hear Luke says on the other side of the door, "can I come in?" He asks.

"Yeah sure," I tell him. I pull my covers on my body and he opens the door slowly and walks in. He takes a seat next to me on the bed. "What's up?" I ask him. 

"Nothing, are you okay?" He asks me. He touches my forehead to check if I have a fever. 

"Yeah, I just feel a little tired and just want to take a nap," I tell him. He nods his head. He sits there in silence just staring at me. "Your mother doesn't like me," I say out of nowhere. It bothers me that I think she doesn't. She called me a little girl. I don't know why I care but I do. Juan's mother never liked me and that was a disaster. She said I wasn't Hispanic, maybe Luke's mother will hate me because I'm half black or something. 

"My mom?" He asks me, "what does my mother have to do with anything?" He asks me. 

"Does she like me?" I ask him. I sit up on the bed. He looks at me weirdly. 

"No, she doesn't," he replies.

"That's fine," I say, "wait what?" I ask him. Did he just confirm that his mother did not like me? 

"She doesn't like you," he repeats. "Not everyone's gonna like you," he adds.

"I know, it's fine," I tell him pretending that I didn't care. "The better you are doing, the more haters you have," I repeat something my mother used to tell me when I was a kid. Luke laughs and puts his head back on the wall. 

"My mom doesn't have to like you," he tells me, "I like you," he looks into my eyes, he looks as if he can see my soul in there.

"Just saying that to make me feel better," I tell him, "it's fine, she can hate me," I say sarcastically. I fake wipe my face. He grabs my hands in his intertwining our fingers, I love that he is holding my hands, but he is giving me too many mix signals. 

"She doesn't, she doesn't even know you. I'm sure she'll love you as much as I love you when she meets you," I pull my hands away from his. Did he just say he loves me? I look at him and huff, I can't believe him. I don't care how he means it or how he doesn't, I just don't want to hear him say these words to me. It hurts hearing them knowing he might be lying. 

I love him, I don't think I'll ever stop and I need to stop. I need to get my self together and him saying words like that and doing these things were not helping me at all. "What?" Luke asks me. "I do love and care about you, Christine," he says. I shake my head no. He grabs my chin and makes me look at him, he lifts my head up and attempts to kiss my lips, I pull away. 

"Don't," I tell him, "please don't do that," I get up the bed and start pacing around the room. I sigh, I feel horrible, my body is killing me and Luke bothering me is not helping me either. 

"I messed up, I really did, I just," he gets up from the bed and tries to get me to stop walking. I stop him and continue to pace around the room. "Christine," he calls me. I stop walking, he grabs me and pulls me towards him. "I'm sorry I lied to you about my feelings," he says. "I shouldn't have, I knew it was sensitive and I still chose to do it," I nod my head. 

"But please don't shut me down or out because of my stupid mistake," he says. "The more time I spend with you, the more I realize how much I care about you. I'm jealous of Zac Efron," he says.

"A lot of people are, he's cute and rich," I frown.

"I don't care about that, I'm jealous of him because you said you would fuck him," he says. I laugh thinking about the conversation we had while I was at teh doctor's office. 

"He would never fuck me," I tell him. 

"You're crazy," he tells me. "I'm sorry," he adds. He grabs me  and pulls me into a hug. "Please let me make it up to you," he says. I nod my head, I rest my head on his chest. He pulls away and pecks my lips. "I just hope one day we could be okay again," he holds my hands. I pull my hand away from him when I fell a rush pain in my stomach. "What is it?" He asks me. 

"I-" I pause and start panicking, this is not happening. 

"Christine, what's wrong?" He asks me. 

"I fell like I'm going through labor."

AN

Luke is finally honest...

Au Revoir...