03

I turn tiredly on my bed the sun beams through my room window. I got up stretching my body, I slept for almost eight hours and I still feel tired. I open the window to get some sunlight, I don't remember the last time I was on call and I actually got to sleep almost the whole night.

After getting some sunlight, I hop into the shower to take a nice cold shower.

Happy that I got some sleep, I skipped down the stairs reminding me when I use to skip these exact same stairs when I was a teenager. That's right, I grew up in this exact same house. It's a family home and after my parents retired and moved to Florida, they insisted that I lived here. I guess I had to since my older brother is stationed in Japan and we don't know when he will come back.

Sadness took over me for a while, missing him, I haven't seen him in five years. I shake my head getting the thought out, I'm trying to walk into my kitchen to get some food when I bump into someone. I rush holding my own self up so I don't fall, I felt like I hit a rock. I look up to see, Luke, my new butler. He has been here for a week and I still couldn't wrap it around my little head that there was someone other than Jake and I live here.

"I'm so-" I try to apologize.

"I'm so sorry, mam," he beats me to it. I chuckle, I told him not to call me mam, but I guess he's not a fast learner. "I didn't know you were here and-"

I cut him off, "it's fine and yes I am here, have you seen Jacob?" I ask him.

"He's eating brunch mam," he says leaving shortly after. I look at the time on my phone to see that it is already eleven a.m. I walk into the kitchen, Luke is standing at the sink watching the dishes.

Jake's on one of the stools. I lean my body on the doorway staring at him, he is having sausage and biscuits, but instead of him eating them together he eats all the biscuits then starts eating the sausage. He is so much like his father sometimes. Luke turns around his eyes falling on mine. Jake noticing him staring at something turns around also, "good morning," I tell him taking a seat next to him on one of the stools.

"Good morning," he says with his mouth full of sausage. "Can I please go to dad's today?" He asks.

"He's working today," I tell him.

"But, Gloria's there and she promised she would take me rollerskating when I went over there," he says with a frown. I roll my eyes, I don't want to talk bad about his dad's future wife in front of him, but I hate her. Not only does she gets Juan because she's Hispanic, but she's getting Jacob too because she's cool.

Jacob looks at me impatiently waiting for an answer, I sigh. Juan's going to get married in less than a month and Gloria's going to be Jacob's stepmom, I guess I have to accept the facts now. She's going to be spending time with Jacob and he's going to always love her more. "Yeah, sure," I tell him after some time.

He jumps off his stool a smile planted on his face, "I'm going to call her to pick me up!" He yells as he runs up the store.

"Jacob, come get your plate!" I yell at him when I realize he left his plate on the counter.

"I got it," Luke says picking up the plate.

"Thanks, I'm so sorry about him. He's a little ungrateful, he didn't even say thank you," Luke shakes his head going back to his plates. "So, what do you do for fun?" I ask hin trying to start a conversation.

I am pretty bored, he turns around looking at me. "Me," He asks pointing his index finger towards himself.

"Yeah," I answer him, I put my hand under my chin waiting for him to tell me.

"Um... I-I,"

"You?" I ask him, maybe he should elaborate a bit on what he does for fun, "do you like to watch movies?" I ask him.

"Yeah," he answers.

"What kind? Horror?" He shook his head no, "what about sci-fi?" I ask him.

"It's okay," he replies.

"It's more than okay," I say, sci-fi is my favorite genre of books and movies. It's just the things the human imagination comes up with is so amazing. "What else do you like besides movies?" I ask him.

"I like running," he whispers.

"Running?" I ask him, "as in exercise?" He nods his head, I chuckle. Never met someone who likes running.

"You like running?" He asks me back.

"Boy you funny," I say laughing, "I like running?" I ask him, I chuckle not remembering the last time I even tried to do something close to helping my body. "I like eating, that's all," I say.

He chuckles turning back around to his dishes, "hey mom, Gloria's outside," Jake says entering the kitchen.

"Okay," I tell him, I get up from my seat going outside to see her. "Mhmm," I say when I am greeted by her too perfect face. She gives me a wide smile, I give her a fake smile. "Gloria, it's so good to see you," I lie.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you in so long," she says leaning in to give me a hug. She hugs me, but I don't. What hurts more about this whole thing is that she is so oblivious to the fact that I hate her. "I'll have him home by sunset," she says grabbing Jake.

"Yeah, at six," I tell her.

"Yes, let's go Jakey," she says. I watch as she walks to her car. She evens has a nickname for him.

"Have fun!" I yell to Jake, I stand by the door and watch as the car drives away. After a while, I go back inside.

I go to the kitchen, but Luke wasn't there. I grab myself a plate of food to eat, but as I was about to take a bite my pager started beeping. I know this day off wasn't going to last.

AN

Haven't updated in a long time...

Au Revoir...