37. Mark : Beautiful Lies

You walked away from him, walking alone under the rain, crying silently.

"(Y/N)!" Jinyoung turned you around as you looked at his face. He stood in front of you under the umbrella, as he felt guilty of what he did. It was his fault. He cheated and you saw. How can someone you trust the most can lie to you so easily. He just broke your heart into pieces. How could he?

"Saranghae..." He spoke up as he cover you under the umbrella, letting rain wetting him.

"Kojimal..."

---------------

"Are you sure you're going?" Your friend asked you worriedly when she see you packing your beg. You smiled at her, a fake smile to tell her that you're fine.

"You don't need to worry. I'm fine. You know, my grandma is alone there. She need someone to take care of her. So I'm going" You told her. You lied. You want to run away from this place. You want to avoid him, Jinyoung, your ex-boyfriend.

"Don't say you actually running away" She said out of sudden. Well, you're her best friend. She can smell that. You expression changed as you quickly turned away, acting busy with your beg.

"Of course not" You replied with a fake cheerful voice. You have to go. You can't stand being there. You'll far away from him. That's would be easier to forget him, that's what you think.

----------------

"Uhmmm...Ms. (Y/N)?" He asked as you nodded, holding your carrier, in front of his door. You smiled warmly.

"I didn't expect you this...young" He muttered. You raised your eyebrows.

"What?"

"Nothing. Come in" He told as you followed him inside. You looked around at that big house. Your lips parted.

"You have a great house, sir. Good for your family" You smiled at him as he chuckled softly.

"I live alone. And..just call me Mark" He told. You gasped softly. In this big house? Alone? Daebak!

"Come on. I'll show you your room" He walked somewhere as you followed him until he opened a door to a guest room. You eyes widened. It's huge, like a master room.

"You can use this room. Take your time to get change and come out when you're ready. I'll teach you everything today, since I'm a very sensitive person" He told as you replied with a nod.

---------------

"So I think that's all. Anything I missed?" He asked after showing you everything in his house and teaching you to do this and that as you write down everything he said from the start till the end.

"What about your room?" You asked.

"My room....I'll clean by myself. Oh right! Before I forgot, you don't need to worry about groceries. I'll buy it by my own"

"So, I'll let you rest for today. You can start working by tomorrow" He told as you just nodded. Suddenly, your phone ringing.

"Excuse me" You pulled out your phone from your pocket and pick up the call when you see your best friend's name on the screen. You walked a few steps from him.

"Yeah. I'm doing great. You don't need to worry" Mark heard you talking on the phone.

"Of course I'm at my grandma's house" He heard as he frowned. You have to lie to your own friend. You lied about your grandma. It was just an excuse to run away. And here, where you are standing is a place where you work as a maid. You purposely accepted the job as a chance to get away from the place.