Chapter Thirty-Six: Prom ✓

Ria's POV

"Calm down, Ria," Tessa, rubs my back to calm me down. Randy fetched her a while ago and she came to help me out.

"I can't I'm too nervous." I shake my head.

I hear the doorbell ring as I literally hyperventilate. I take a deep breath and went downstairs again, seeing the door open and Lance by the door, talking to my brother. Tessa came down right after me.

Lance looks at me and his smile drops, making me even more nervous. His lips turned up to a wider smile.

"If I was going to prom with the most beautiful girl then I should've dressed better. I look like a peasant compared to you." he compliments, walking to me.

"Shut up," I pout, rolling my eyes and holding back a smile. I hug him once he's close enough.

"You look less like an idiot," I joke.

"Wow, okay," he laughs.

"I kind of thought Brian was the one who'll ask you to prom, no offense to Lance," Tessa smirks.

"He's actually taking Abby." I shrug.

"Well it's his loss," Lance whispers, pulling me by the waist. "Let's go?"

-•-*-•-

We came to prom and it was wild.

Lights were blaring, the sounds were loud, there were a lot of plastic cups and people were dancing. I hold back my laughter as I see the boys coming our way.

"This guy is your date?!" Brian shouts, glaring at him.

"Yeah, we talked it out and he asked me out. He asked my brother before he did all that," I explain.

"Have a fun night then," Cole smiles. "I got to DJ tonight," he says before leaving.

Julian was too busy flirting with Ivy to actually talk. Abby walks towards us and scowls at me, holding onto Brian's arm, pulling him to her and kisses him.

I felt a sharp pang on my chest as I saw it.

"What are you doing here with her?" Abby asks after they pull away.

"He was just leaving," I say as I looked him in the eye.

He hesitates but then walks away with Abby in tow.

"Are you okay?" Lance asks beside me. I almost forgot he was still here.

"Y-Yeah," I blurt out.

"It seems to me that you're falling for him. It's in your eyes." Lance says and I whip around to see him smirking.

"So what?" I roll my eyes. He just shakes his head as he laughs. The song Perfect by Ed Sheeran suddenly plays and I smile at Lance.

"Want to dance?" he asks and hold his hand out. I take his and he guides me to the dance floor. He places his hand on my waist and I place mine on his shoulders, swaying to the song.

He stares into my eyes and I stare back mine. "Happy birthday," he greets.

"You knew?" I was surprised.

"Yeah, I always knew. You told me in our old school," he reminds me.

"You remembered?"

"Yep," he smiles.

Then there was silence before the second chorus came.

"When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath," he sang along, "But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight."