4. Wedding Night

Maahi's pov:

No one is happy with Maan's decision it's like a shock to me. I can't imagine Maan as my husband. I just can't. I think I should talk with Maan. It's not how relationship works. We can't get married just because someone thinking rubbish about us. I know he loves Jiya. Only Jiya. No one else can take her place in his life. I don't want to tie myself in loveless marriage where my husband can never be mine from heart. I think I should talk with Maan.

I went to his room. He was sitting on bed both hands placed on his face. Jiya di's pic placed beside him. I cleared my throat to grab his attention.

He looked at me and I said, "Maan, I don't want to get married to you. This is so wrong. I can never take Jiya di's place. I can't imagine you as my husband. Please stop this stupidity.I don't want to marry you. I don't care what they say. They will keep talking rubbish whatever we do. Marriage is not my priority right now. Please understand. You are not thinking properly. Jiya di can never do that she must have-"

Maan said, "Don't take her name. I don't want to hear it. It's just for security Maahi. I am also not ready for relationship and never will be. You don't worry our marriage will be only for society. Just trust me. Whatever I do is for your own good"

I sighed and said, "I trust you. Fine I won't ask you anything. I am trusting my life with you. Whatever you do I won't question you"

As I said, I didn't question him again. Everyone got busy with preparations. Me and Aliya got busy with Shopping. Aunty and Zaan were busy with preparations. Maan I don't know what to say about him. He is in his own world. He didn't participate in any preparations. I know he is upset, confused and not interested in marriage.

I don't know what's there in my future but I get feeling that my life going to change completely after this marriage.

I don't know how time passed but today is day of my marriage. We all reached marriage hall. I am very nervous thinking what is going to happen today. I am sitting in bride's room of marriage hall surrounded by ladies.

After sometime Qazi came with register and asked me, "Do you accept Zaan khan as your husband?"

I felt like.. I heard Zaan's name instead of Maan.

Qazi asked again, "Do you accept Zaan khan as your husband?"

I don't know what to do. I was looking around to find Aunty,Aliya anyone but I saw Maan standing at door. He signed me to say yes and I said, "Yes".

Accepting Zaan as my husband. It was biggest shock to me. How am I going to live with him? He is rude, arrogant and always fights with me. I don't know why he dislikes me so much. How he agreed to marry me I don't understand. Did anyone force him or on his own will? So many questions but I trust Maan.. If you ask me honestly I am relieved that I didn't marry Maan. I can never think of him as my husband. He will always be Jiya di's husband for me. I can't think otherwise.

But now Zaan is my husband.. Zaan..

Zaan's pov:

It was a shock to me that Maan bhai is getting married to Maahi. As long
as he is happy with his decision I am okay but the truth is he is not happy. It's compromise for him to protect Maahi.

I don't think it's a good idea. He can't spoil his life for protecting someone but no one was able to explain it to him.

I am angry on Maahi how can she agree to marry Maan bhai even after knowing from what phase he is going through? I have my doubts on her. Now I am sure about it. She and her family all are interested in our money. This is all their plan they trapped him. Being soft hearted Maan bhai fallen in their trap. I tried to make him understand but he is not ready to listen to anyone.