19. Almost Kiss

Zaan's pov:

I was so close to her. My lips almost touching hers. I would have kissed her if I would have few seconds but to my disappointment the song ended and everyone started clapping. Maahi moved away from me.

Damn..my luck is very bad.

Then we had dinner and Maahi was silent all the time. That is actually very weird because Maahi is a chatter box and she can't stay quiet for a minute. She is quite for more than 15 mins now. oh nooo it looks like she is very angry with me.

Should I talk to her? But I don't know why I am so scared to talk with her now. I never thought that a day will come when I will be afraid to speak with Maahi. I was always very comfortable with her and would say anything that comes to my mind but today something was different may be Maahi is not acting like her usual self. Ya Allah give me strength.

I said,"Maahi"

She looked at me.

I was about to say ,'Have you forgiven me' but her friends beat me to it as they came there and said,"Can we have her for a minute if you don't mind?"

I wanted to tell them that yes I mind so go away but I just nodded my head and said," Yeah sure "

They left from there.

My time is very bad really very very bad.

I took a chair in the corner and started going through my mobile when I felt someone sit beside me.

I turned around only to see Laila mock smiling at me.

I don't want to get into any trouble. Why the hell is she following me leaving her beloved husband? Whatever I better leave from here I stood up to go when she said,"If you were trying to make me jealous then you succeeded."

What the hell is she talking? Why would I try to make her jealous? No..no...no..Zaan don't say anything just leave from here. Just leave my instincts are telling me.

I took few steps when she stood infront of me and said,"I heard Maahi is a teenager. Why Zaan? Why did you have to marry a kid? Are you that desperate? No one else is ready to marry you?"

I said,"I don't want to give any explanation to you. Move away from my way"

I tried to go from other side she came infront of me. I tried to go from left she came infront of me. She kept blocking my way. Ya Allah she is testing my patience.

I said," What the hell are you doing? Move away from my way. It will be bad for both of us if anyone noticed us."

She said,"Why? Are you scared that your wife will see?"

I said,"Yes I am so please don't come near me or talk to me. I don't want her to think that something is going on between us."

She smiled and said,"Okay." then moved aside. I was about to go when she got hold of my hand and said,"But get one thing straight Zaan. There is something going on between us. Don't you feel the se*ual tension raising between us. I think we should go somewhere and release-"

I jerked her hand away from mine and said,"Shut up. I have no feelings for you."

I left from there and started looking for Maahi. I just want to go from here. Guests are also started leaving for the day.

I started looking for Maahi but didn't find her. Where she went? I asked her friends everyone was there except Maahi and Sumair.

They told me that they went to the lawn. I walked towards the lawn and saw Maahi sitting on bench with Sumair.