15. Family traditions

Maahi's pov:

I looked at Zaan when Safiya said,"Maan Jiju". A smile formed on his lips and I was shocked as I thought he will get angry that I didn't correct her.

Zaan said,"Safiya, right?"

She said,"yes I am Safiya. Bride's sister. Maahi di told you about us?"

He said,"Assalamwalikum. This is Zaan. Maan's brother and Maahi's husband. I thought I should clear your confusion."

Her eyes widened and she looked at me then said,"Is this truth? You married Maan jiju's brother?"

I said,"Yes. Zaan is my husband. My one and only."

She said,"How? and uncle didn't tell us about this. He just said that you are there where you needed to be. How this happened?"

I said,"Are you going to keep us standing here? We are tired from journey."

She said,"oh sorry Maahi di and Zaan jiju come inside "

Thank God Zaan didn't take it to heart. He is so sweet.

Safiya showed us room and went out as she had some work to do. Zaan lied in bed and said,"God I am tired."

I said,"Zaan freshen up first. "

He closed his eyes and said,"You go first till then I will rest. Anyway it will easily take 2 hours for you to get ready. I can sleep till then."

I wanted to fight with him but he looked tired. I let him be. I never took two hours. At max I have taken 1 hour 50 mins.

I got ready and then looked at him who is still sleeping. I walked closer to him and called out his name. No reaction.

I slowly took my hand and shook him.
He suddenly opened his eyes and grabbed my hand then pulled me towards him.

I have fallen upon him and he wrapped his arm around me. I smiled at him.

I said,"Get ready now. We will be late. I have to help in the preparations."

he said,"You are looking beautiful."

I blushed at his comment and smile crept on my lips. He said,"You are happy now so please let me sleep for few more minutes."

He just praised me because he want to sleep for few more minutes. I was so angry that I took the mug which was placed on the table and splashed water on his face.

He was shocked and was saying,"What the h-"

I said,"Now sleep as many hours as you want."

With this I left the room. Idiot I thought he was genuine. Spoiled my mood.

Safiya came to me and said,"You are ready di?"

I smiled and said,"Yes. Tell me if I can help you with anything."

Safiya said,"Lots of preparations are pending and we have very less time. Thank God you are here now but where is Jiju?"

I said,"He is getting ready. Will be here soon."

She said,"Now tell me. How this happened? How you married Zaan Jiju?"

I said,"Maan bhai was already married so he asked his brother to marry me. That's all."

She said,"That's all. Just like that. No love story. I was expecting some drama. Anyway how is he?"

I said,"What?"

She said,"Zaan Jiju."

I smiled and said,"He is nice. He is caring and he respects my wishes. In short total husband material."