16. His frenemies

Maahi's pov:

After we had lunch, Zaan said,"Maahi let's go out. I am feeling bored here. "

We both went out after I asked my aunt's permission. I don't know how time passed I was enjoying Zaan's company but because of my legs Zaan has not allowed me to walk on my feet much. He is so caring thank you Allah for giving him to me. I can't ask for better. He is the best one for me.

After 5 hours we returned to the house. It was almost time for the mehandi ceremony and Groom side people will be coming soon for Sangeet. Usually we don't do all these functions but the groom side people insisted that the marriage should happen in their way to match their status. As far as I heard the groom side are very high class and very rich people who have lot of properties. My aunt is very happy with this marriage and have not left one opportunity to show off that they are having best son-in-law. It just been few hours since I came here but I am tired of hearing praises of groom. Thank God Zaan took me out it helped my mind to relax.

Once we came back We were about to go to our room to get ready but my Aunt asked me to help Sofiya so I went with her. I was avoiding meeting her till now as he will eat my head by bragging about her would be husband but I have no choice.

As expected the first thing she said when I entered is 'Have you seen my husband photo?'

I said,"No. Anyway I will see him when he come in the evening."

She said,"Wait.I will show you."

She showed me his pic and I felt like I saw him somewhere but where..?

She said,"He is handsome, right? I know. You must be jealous that I found someone so good as my partner when you have to be second wife to Maan."

So no one has yet told her.

I said,"Zaan not Maan. I am not his second wife but I am his only wife. I don't want to compare my relation with yours. Every couple is unique. For me he is the best husband and I think you believe you have the best. That's not wrong. Everyone thinks their partner is best and that's true. Zaan is best for me and Rehaan is best for you. I don't want to compare both of them. I am happy for you. All the best for your future."

She laughed and said,"That's what people say when they loose."

I really want to fight with her but I controlled myself. Let's not ruin her mood. She is bride.

I said,"Think what you want. I don't want to argue. Let's get you ready. After that I also have to get ready. Zaan must be waiting for me."

She was about to say something but I ignored her and started doing her make up.

Once she was done. I went to our room to get ready. I was shocked to see Zaan sleeping peacefully on bed.

I went for bath as Zaan was sleeping. I thought of wearing Saree outside in our room instead of in washroom. I came out wearing only blouse and gagra. My eyes widened when I saw Zaan is fully awake and now looking at me with his mouth wide open.

I quickly placed Sari infront of me to cover myself and said,"Turn to other side. Don't look this side. I have to wear Saree."

He smiled and stood up from his place then started walking towards me. I was taken back step he kept moving forward. At last I have no more place to move as I was at the dressing table.

Zaan raised his hand cupped my cheeks. Saree fell from my hand. He moved closer. My heart was running marathon and I closed my eyes expecting a kiss but the knock on the door disturbed us. Zaan moved away and I sighed in disappointment then gasped in shock. What is happening to me?