25.Special Night

Maahi's pov:

Zaan said,"I think we should take our marraige to next level"

I was on the brink of falling asleep. My eyes snapped open and I am too shocked so say anything. Why suddenly he want to consummate our marraige? He never said he loves me or we have any future together. We are going with the flow now but if we consummate our marraige then I think things will get complicated. Don't take me wrong I would gladly give myself to him because I love him and I have fallen for him but he don't love me and he himself told me that he is not capable of loving someone. What will happen if I get too attached to him after taking our marraige to next level and he wants to breakfree from this relation? I don't want to spoil the understanding we have right now. Can I say no to him?

I said,"Z-Zaan What are you saying?"

He moved closer to me and cupped my face then said,"Maahi.vWe are married. It's common between married couple. Why are you so shocked?"

I said,"But we don't love each other"

He closed his eyes and moved back. He ran his hands through his hair which he does when he is angry or nervous

I do but you don't I thought.

He said,"Love is not compulsion for a relation. Do you think every couple out there are together because they love each other? "

I shook my head in no.

He said,"Exactly..They are together because they are married. Marraige binds two people together who learn to live together with trust, loyalty, understanding and many more factors. Love make it more beautiful but A relation can work without it as well."

May be he is right but I always wanted my partner to love me. My case is worse. I am in relation with one sided love towards my husband.

I said,"Zaan can't you ever love me?"

He looked away and said,"No" breaking my heart.

He said,"I can't love you because I don't think love exist. Even if we think we love someone but with time the love will vanish."

I said,"No Zaan. With time love grows. Love is never ending. Love is pure feeling and it-"

He showed me his hand indicating me to stop.

He said,"Have you ever loved anyone Maahi?"

yes and that is you.

I shook my head in No.

He said,"There goes your answer. It's just your imagination. I fell in love. With experience I am telling you it's nothing like that."

I said,"but Zaan just because one girl broke your heart doesn't mean that everyone is like her."

He said,"Stop Maahi. I don't want debate on love. I just asked you a question Are you ready to take our marraige to next level?"

I should say no there is nothing to fight for but why I am not able to say it. May be because his eyes are pleading me to say yes. Whatever he may say I always see in his eyes a strange twinkle when he looks at me like I am precious to him. I see need for me in his eyes. I can't say no to those eyes. No one ever made me feel like this.

I said,"yes"

He looked shocked at first then without wasting a second he came on top of me. He kissed me. I lost myself in his eyes. This kiss was different from his usual kisses. He was invading my mouth like he want to own it.

He moved back after felt like a life time and I am going to die because lack of oxygen.

He looked into my eyes and said,"You are sure, right? I don't want you to regret it later."