Twister

It had been raining all day. And that's exactly how Anxiety liked it. Not because of the darkness but because the gentle tapping of the raindrops against his window was very relaxing.

Unlike Anxiety, Roman hated thunderstorms. He thought they were loud and dangerous. So when he woke up sleeping next to Anxiety with pouring rain out the window he was quite shaken. He rolled back over and tried to go to sleep but a crash of thunder was heard and the lightning lit up the room and he whimpered. Seconds later another crash sounded. Roman dug himself into the covers and let out a quiet sob.

《FLASHBACK》

Roman was a young boy in his kingdom, only a short 9 years of age. Roman was sitting in the garden with his mother when the clouds rolled in. Rain drops fell upon the kingdom and everybody rushed indoors. Crashes of thunder could be heard and lightning lit up the castle. The guards boarded the doors and windows. His mother and father held him close as the castle shook against the wind. A man that he didn't recognize, probably a guard, screamed, "take cover!" and everyone tried to find a place to hide, for the twister was coming. His mom and dad lead him to the car where he would be taken back to the real world. When they took him there they turned their backs and started retreating.

"Mother? Father? Where are you going?!" He shouted, they solemnly look at each other.

"Son, stay here, if our kingdom goes down, we must go with it."

The driver rolls up the window and Roman lets out a shriek of despair and bangs on the window, " No! Mama! Papa! Please don't leave me! I don't want to be alone!" The driver starts the car and quickly drives away from the kingdom. Roman turns around in his seat and looks back at his kingdom. He sees nothing but violent winds and rubble. Not even the castle had survived the winds. He solemnly sat in his seat and put his head in his hands.

He is driven to the real world where he is nothing but his alternates figment of imagination. His alternate is a small boy in the fourth grade. When they met, Roman wanted to cry. His alternate Thomas looked so happy, Roman wanted to be happy. But how could he be when he left everything and everyone he ever knew and loved.

《FLASHBACK OVER》

When Roman broke out of his trance Anxiety was gently shaking him, "Hey Ro, look at me." with misty eyes Roman gazed up at Anxiety with tears running down his face. Roman clung onto Anxiety, choking on his tears. Anxiety rubs his back, "Hey. Hey Princey it's gonna be okay. Can you breathe for me?" Roman took deep shaky breaths, "Very good. Doing good, Babe." They sat hugging in a comfortable silence, Anxiety did his best to block of the sounds of the storm with his whispers and praises.

"H-Hey, Anxiety?"

"Yeah, Ro?"

"Will you sing the... sing the song?" Anxiety nodded

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you" Roman smiles as he nuzzles into Anxiety's chest. Anxiety strokes Roman's hair.

"Thank you, I love you."

"I love you too, Princey"