Baking

Virgil woke up on a gloomy saturday morning…. Well, more like afternoon. When he woke up his stomach growled and he realized he hadn’t eaten anything in a day or two so he made his way down to the mind palace’s kitchen. When he arrived no one was there so he searched the fridge and cupboards for something to eat. Today he was being particularly picky and wanted something sweet. He found a dessert cookbook (probably left behind during one of Patton’s cookie baking sessions.) and found the recipe for the delicious cookies Patton always bakes. After gathering the ingredients that the recipe calls for, he starts reaching for the utensils. Alas, the cooking bowls were in a high cabinet. He climbed on the counter and reached, steadying himself on the cabinet door. Suddenly, The door opened, sending Virgil, and multiple bowls to the floor. For a moment he was dazed but eventually looked up to identify whoever caused the mess. Of course, it was Prince Alarming, “Roman, do you really have to be so loud all the time?” Roman didn’t respond but instead laughed at Virgil’s figure on the floor, “What’s so--” Looking down, he realized how much of a mess he was, covered in flour, sugar, and chocolate chips.

“What were you even trying to achieve?” He said with disbelief. He held out his hand and Virgil reluctantly accepted, standing and brushing himself off.

“I was trying to make a snack,” Virgil respond, “But you decided to come in here making a ruckus as always,”

‘Oooooo did you say snack?” Virgil scoffed.

“Yeah, I was gonna make cookies before you arrived,”

“Well what if I help you?” He looked up at him, exasperated.

“You’re kidding,”

“No way, I want some cookies,” Virgil laughed and smiled the slightest. He sighs but nods.

“Okay, fine. Don’t try anything though.”

“Me? Try something? Why I would never.”

Virgil pulls out the recipe and tries to tidy up, although he knew it would only get messy again, “So the recipe says here that we need *insert cookie stuff here because author-chan is too lazy to find a decent cookie recipe online*”

“Oh? That sounds easy!” Roman replied.

Virgil ignored this remark and started combining the wet and dry ingredients while Roman preheated the oven. After scooping the mixture onto a tray and putting them into the oven they kind’ve had no clue what to do.

“So, what do we do now?" Roman asked

“Now we wait,” Replied Virgil. As you probably guess, Roman got bored of sitting and waiting and began fidgeting. This annoyed Virgil who was resting on the countertop in a catlike manner, “What are you doing?’ He said cracking open one eye.

“I’m occupying myself”

“Well it’s annoying so quit it before I give you something to occupy yourself with,” (Damn salty)

Roman doesn’t reply he instead steps closer to Virgil. He whispers in Virgil’s ear, “What did you have in mind, hm?” Virgil’s eyes burst open and he scoots away on the counter.

“N-No th-that’s not what I-I-I meant and y-you know it”

“Are you sure? You’re awful flustered to not have meant it in that way,”

Virgil blushed and looked away, “I don’t have any idea what you mean,”

“Okay, if you say so.” The timer then dinged letting the two boys know that the cookies had finished baking. Virgil put on a baking mitten and pulled out the sheet of cookies. They smelt delicious. Both of the boys ate multiple cookies before they became full.

“Hey Virg, you have a little something right--” He reaches out to brush the crumb of Virgil’s cheek when he moved forward to kiss him. Virgil’s eyes were wide open until he finally settled into the kiss. Fireworks sparked in between them and although it only lasted seconds, the boys could’ve stayed there for hours. When they break apart they rest their foreheads together, only to break apart when Patton walks in, stops, turns around, and runs down the hallway yelling,”LOGAN OWES ME $30!” The two only laughed at his childishness. They knew that they were glad they baked cookies, anyways a cake would’ve ended in tiers :)))))))))))))))).

Fin.

GUYS,, This is probably like the longest story I’ve ever written (In this story at least). I mean, it took me three days as secretary avoiding work and writing this soooooooooo.

Byeeeee -Author-chan