Existential Crisis

It was late at night. Far too late for either of the boys to really be awake. But they were. They laid next to each other questioning their own existence and the meaning of the universe.

“Why am I alive. I mean I could’ve been born in any body ever, so why was I born in this one.” said Virgil.

“We weren’t really born it was more like… We were pulled into existence,”

“That’s even worse,”

“Sorry,” Roman replied, “Well for actual born people, are they actually able to be born in any body?” He thought for a moment, “Or since their mom and dad have a certain DNA wouldn’t the only options for bodies be those with matching DNA of their parents?”

“Woah.. I never thought of it like that.. But like, why weren’t we born. Why were we the ones who were assigned to be a part of another person?”

“I guess at the time Thomas really needed us and we were best to fit the job,”

“But if we are the same age as Thomas and we were created as he was a baby we’d have no prior record of if we’re the ones he needs or not, are you implying there was a previous life where we were perfect for Thomas?”

“I mean possibly, there’s always been a conspiracy that the light you see when you die is the first light you see when you’re born.”

“That’s bull,”

“How so?”

“Because if everyone saw it when they died, there’d never be miscarriages. Dead babies can’t see light, Roman,”

“That’s dark,” Roman waited for a moment, “What about the conspiracy that when in near death experiences you see your life flash before your eyes is your life movie being rewinded.”

“Well that’s only possible if there’s a memory stash somewhere in your brain remembers everything for everything and that’s very rare unless you have photographic memory, and even that can't tell the future,”

“I don’t know I still don’t agree with that. But what about--” A pound comes through the bedroom wall from the voice of Logan.

“Will you two, please SHUT UP.” He waited for either of them to dare to argue, “Patton, Thomas, and I are trying  to get some sleep here. We need no help of your existential crisis. It wasn’t until another hour until either of them fell asleep, ridding of the thoughts haunting their minds.

fin.