Animagus

Virgil has an amazing power. Well less of a power, more of a... difference he was created with. If you’ve never guessed based on the way he acts, he is an animagus. This means he can transform into the animal he closest to in DNA. If you can’t guess, his animagus is a black cat. He actually prefers this form instead of his human form. Being human is draining, and he’s judged for his cat-like behavior. So he normally finds nice places in the forest to take a nap as a cat. ’Why the forest?’ You may ask. Well, Virgil doesn’t want to expose himself in fear that others may use his power for their own benefit. So he transforms and makes his way into the forest. He finds a comfortable branch, convenient enough to get up and down, but away from danger. For an hour or two, his nap was interrupted. Until an unknown figure made its way into the forest. He peeked out of his napping spot to investigate only to realize it was Roman, he tried to move but it was too late, Roman had spotted him and was picking him up.

“Well, hello there. Who are you?” He looked like he expected an answer and he simply gave him a look that said, ‘Really?’

“Right, you’re a cat. I didn’t really expect you to answer anyways,” He scratched behind his ear and he unwillingly purred, “It’s awful cold out here, wouldn’t you like to come in?” Virgil wasn't really aware of what Roman was telling him because of the sensation behind his ear but he let him carry him into the dream palace.

He sat him down on the couch and he curled up in a ball. He brought him a bowl of milk and the animagus drank a bit before he too sat down on the couch and curled up on his chest and began to purr. He turned on a movie, the nightmare before christmas… Virgil’s FAVORITE. He spoke to the purring creature, ¨Someone who you remind me of loves this movie.” the cat tilted his head in a questioning manner as if asking who he meant, “His name is Virgil, he underappreciates himself. Although he’s really great and has so much potential he always puts himself down,” Virgil found it odd to hear about himself from a different angle. Usually when the two speak it consists of nicknames and rude remarks, but now he is complimenting him? How peculiar. Virgil didn’t move and simply curled back up on his chest. After about three movies both of the boys fell asleep on the couch. They didn’t wake until the next morning.

ROMAN’S POV

When I awoke I expected to see the small kitten I found in the forest asleep on my chest, But I didn’t. I instead found myself, limbs entangled with Virgil, at first it had startled me, but once I had realized that the kitten had disappeared. With a start, I jumped off the couch leaving a groggy and confused Virgil stumbling to figure out what was going on.

“Roman, What on Earth are you--”

“Virgil, hush! The kitten’s gone, help me find it!”

“The Ki---? Oh.” A look of unexplained realization was cast upon Virgil’s face.

“What? Is it your cat?”

“Uh… Something like that” Virgil replied

“Well then don’t you want to find it?”

“Uh, I know where he is,”

“Can I see him?”

“No,”

“Why not!” Roman whined irritantly

“Because I am the cat!” After the words were uttered from his words he immediately regretted it.

“Wait, what do you mean you are the cat?”

Virgil sighed,”I’m an animagus. Which means I can transform into the animal that my DNA is closest to, and mine happens to be a cat.”

“Is that why you always hiss at people?”

“Oh my gosh, Roman,” He laughed and nudged him a bit, “You know I heard all of those things you said about me, right?”

“And did you know I meant them? And I also meant this,” Roman leaned forward, pressing his lips to Virgil’s in a short but sweet kiss.