Fears

Virgil was special. He could do things that no one else could. Being an anxious traitor has a lot of cons but, there is also a pro. Virgil can see fears.

However, today was different. He  we just lying in bed when all of a sudden, he heard a scream. Princey? Princey! He jumped up out of his bed and ran to the source of the noise.

In the common room, Roman was lying asleep tossing and turning  and shouting at something yet he seems to be trapped in some nightmare. Logan and Patton were fighting to hold him down whilst Thomas stood beside them panicking. "Leave him." Virgil announced. He tied his hoodie around his waist as the others let go, starting to move backwards leavening Roman to thrash around. Virgil knelt down on beside Roman on the couch and took his shaking hand.

"What's he doing?" Questioned Thomas. "He's looking into Roman's mind trying to find his fear, it's a thing that only the anxious traits of the mind can do." Logan replies with a sigh as Virgil saw a bright flash in his now closed eyes.

He reopened them and felt a chill when he looked to see a dark place with a single light in the middle as Roman has a bloody sword on the floor next to a horrifying dark shadow with flaming red eyes and huge horns, as well as draping, jet black, ripped wings. "I will forever haunt you every time you close those pretty little eyes..." it bellowed as it fell to the ground beside Roman. Virgil watched as it it faded into nothing and Roman gasping.

He saw this as an opportunity and ran to his prince. He picked him up in his arms and hugged him tightly. "Roman, come on you need to wake up now, it's just a nightmare." He whispers softly.

Roman pulls away and sits up in front of him. "No. No no no no no... your not here! Your not real!" Roman gasped, short of breathe. He's having a panic attack! "Roman! It's just a dream! I can't prove it!"

"H-How?!"

"T-Tell me if this is real."

With that, Virgil leans forward, places his hands on Roman's hips and crashes his lips into Roman's, their eyes slip shut and tilted his head as Roman our his arms around Virgil's neck deepening the kiss.

When they parted, they were back in the real world. Virgil pulled his hand away as Roman sat up smiling and practically melted into Virgil's touch.

"Oh my god! Roman are you okay?!" Said Patton. Everybody was standing around with worried looks on their faces. "Y-Yeah I'm fine... it's just that it was a nightmare when I had a battle a very long time ago with a demon called Xur. He said whenever I slept he would haunt my dreams but I thought nothing of it until a few days ago where it all started..." Virgil immediately felt a pang of guilt as he realised that Roman had been keeping it a secret.

"Look you should probably get some sleep..." Said Thomas. Logan nodded and was about to go on about a billion scientific reasons why sleeping is good or bad for you, Virgil eyes him and shakes his head 'no'. Logan groans and pushes his glasses up his nose more.

Virgil picks up Roman bridal style from the couch and amazed at his own strength, he takes him upstairs to his room where they huddle in blankets. Roman our his head in Virgil's chest and Virgil wrapped his arms around the older boy.

"I love you my chemically imbalanced romance..."

"I love you too my prince of dreams..."