Hanahaki Disease 2

(Unedited)

"I'll go grab a glass of water..." Roman mumbles before walking away. Thomas, Patton and Logan looked at Virgil in worry.

"It's him isn't it... he's the reason why..." Thomas asked on the verge of crying.

Virgil only nodded sadly. "I'm not getting the surgery... I know it's selfish but you guys can function without me. You know that right? Everybody grows out of their anxiety eventually so I'm gonna fade anyways..."

"W-What? No! We need you! Please! Logan t-tell h-h-" Patton was unable to finish his sentence as he let out a heartbreaking sob and cried into Logan, wrapping his arms around his waist and burying his face into Logan's shirt.  Logan sighed sadly and placed his arms around Patton, trying his best to comfort him.

"Please? For us?" Logan pushes but yet again, Virgil rejects it.

"I-I'm sorry... but I love him too much. I'd rather die than not know love." He replies, a few coughs in between.

"It's okay... Virgil I understand..." Said Thomas showing a sad smile. As he finished, Roman walked in again with a glass in hand filled halfway with water.

He placed it on Virgil's desk and sat next to the anxious trait.

"We will be downstairs..." Says Thomas before the others slowly walk out and gently close the door behind them.

Roman looks at Virgil and sighs at how sad he looks. "V-Virgil... Can I-I kiss you?" Virgil's eyes widened and nodded slowly. Roman inched his lips towards Virgil and stopped when their lips were about an inch apart. Virgil closed the gap. It was short and sweet, probably about 6 seconds but it felt like forever to the two.

Virgil pulled away and gasped when he felt his lungs clear, like a weight had just been lifted off of his chest. He didn't need to cough anymore... Virgil smiled, then laughed and jumped into Roman's arms, hugging him.

"I love you!" Virgil giggled.

"I love you too Virgil..."

The others were delighted when they found that their fallen friend had risen again; where they continued to carry on with their weird and wacky lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys Buried_In_Fandom here.

So I'm normally a very depressing/ angsty person who has very sad endings in one shots but because this is somebody else's book, I'll give you a happy ending.

*mentally whispers* please somebody send in a depressing request 😈😈