Chapter 3

The second flight got into West Palm a little after noon. "Hold up, Baskin, can you get my bags please," Ice asked as we walked through the main concourse, him shoving a sub down his mouth. "Yes boss." "You're the best." "Stop kissing my ass before I literally sit on your face." "I'm spoken for." "Yet you're kissing up to me harder than you probably have your wife," I smirked. As if someone spray painted his fur red, he blushed. I lost control and began laughing as I got onto the escalator. He began muttering under his breath and I gathered myself. As I entered the lower area of the airport and walked over to the conveyor where our flight's bags were to be sent through. As we stood and waited, I couldn't help but become jelly-legged. I only get jelly-legged when certain eyes land on me. I turn around and look throughout the area. No one, everyone was minding their own business, shuffling about the airport. Half of me felt afraid and the other half felt relaxed.

I shook the feelings and turned back to the conveyor belt. "Wednesday, I want you to have the day off," Ice said. "Really? Or is this another joke?" "No joke, take it, you've been one of my best assistants, the longest running though." "Thanks... I guess," I shrugged and grabbed his bags as they came off the belt. "Anyways, the car should be right outside," I said. "Alright, let's go," Ice said and burped quietly. We walked out of the airport and a large crowd was gathered off to the side. "What's going on?" "Don't know, don't care, we'll see it on the news, let's go," Ice said and dragged me over to the car with the man holding up his last name. I threw the bags in the trunk, shut it and climbed in. As the car started off, I saw someone who looked similar to Donna turn around, until she was covered by a large fur in a hoodie and glasses.

"You good there Baskin?" "Huh? ... oh, yea, I'm good," I replied. "King and queens posted at the bar-" "-Hello, Baskin Desiro speaking." "Hey, it's Rowan, you two get in ok?" "Yea, we just got in the car, thanks for the ride, we should be at the hotel within the hour," I replied. "Great, apparently, there was a deadly stabbing there just after we left to another stag, cops should be there momentarily," he said as we got on the bridge to the highway. On the other lane, cops came shooting by, followed by an ambulance. "Yea, just saw them." "Right, stay safe, I'll see you in a bit, meeting with the owners of the lot we're buying for the building." "Right, cya." I hung up and slid the phone into my pocket. "Who was that?" "MY friend Rowan, apparently, his company is the one we're working with." "Really? Can you get him to pay us a little more then," Ice smirked. "Can I get that raise you mentioned earlier," I smirked back. He grunted and leaned back, "Point taken."

The car strode up to a hotel on the water front of the intercostal, across from a tiny strip of land that extends down to Miami. "Grab my bags, I'll go get our room cards," Ice perked and walked in. "Whatever you say," I sigh and walk to the trunk. I grab his bags and tip the driver. He nods and drives off. I walk into the hotel and Ice hands me my room card. Top floor, room 449," he said and handed me his card. He grabbed his bags and we walked over to the elevator. The jelly-legged feeling returned. I almost instantly turned around, still no one. "Baskin, what're you doing," Ice asked. "I don't – I – ugh, never mind," I stuttered as the elevator dinged. We stepped aboard and Ice pressed our floor. "Hold the door please!" I stuck my paw out and the fur who called out ran on, panting and lightly wheezing. "Thank you so much. I was already running late and if I came anymore late, my boss would have a field day with me." I turned to Ice, "I know the feeling." Ice snorted and I looked at the fur. He was a panther, green hair, sleek black fur, his dress shirt hugging his upper torso and biceps. I could feel some drool forming in my mouth as the elevator doors shut. The elevator began to ascend and the space fell quiet.

"So, what're you two in town for?" I looked at Ice who just shrugged at me. "We're here on business from Vagina-ImeanVirginia, we're an architectural company," I replied. Ice slapped my arm and I giggled. "Wait, are you guys here for Rowan's project?" "Yea, how'd you..." "My name is Troy Lackawanna, I'm one of Rowan's head assistants, I'm guessing your Baskin and Ice?" "Correct," I smiled. He held his paw out and we shook it.

The elevator came to his floor and he stepped off with a wave. The doors shut behind him and Ice fell to the floor laughing hard. "What?" "You-you oh my god. How long did it take you to start imagining your dick down his throat?" "My entire love life isn't about fucking Ice," I smirked. "Unlike you and your wife." "HER PUSSY IS ALWAYS WET AND IT ALWAYS HELPS. FORGET LUBE!" "T-...T.M.I., I'm your assistant, not your best friend... and now I can never unhear that..." "You really want that raise," Ice chuckled as the elevator came to our floor. "More so, this is the only job that pays enough for my lifestyle." We walked up the hall and entered our rooms.

It was very open and had a view over the intercostal. The bed was almost as big as a California King and it had a massive flat screen TV. There was also a balcony that wrapped around the outside of the building. It was pretty much, very close to a studio bedroom. Definitely beats my condo back in Virginia. I began to settle in, the rest of the day was just relaxing and maybe getting to know the rest of the team.

Later that night, I was asleep. My dream was... weird... but it's one that I've been having quite frequently as of late.

Black, pitch black. The only things I could hear are running footsteps, the rumble of a train on a bridge, gunshots. "BLUE!" "Channing?" The black fades and I find myself on the bank of a river, the sun's heat on me... I could sense it, but I couldn't feel it. A tingle shot up my back, I turned to see what was there when a streak of green scales fly past with a hiss. I jump and back up. The rest of the snake emerges from the forest, just over twenty feet in length. "That is a big serpent..." I begin running and it lunges at me again. I jump and it misses.

The snake lunges again, gaining on me. IT sinks its fangs into my leg and begins to curl me up. "HELP! HELP!" I can sense it squeezing my legs but still couldn't feel it. I look over and there stood a fur with its back to me. "This isn't how I wanted it to go Blue... but my kids... he said he'd kill them if I didn't do this..." "WAIT! HELP!" The snakes head came up and opened its mouth, its body squeezing me.

I fly up in the bed, panting rapidly, sweat flying down my body like a waterfall. I push myself up and rub my eyes. The curtains to the balcony shook suddenly and I looked over. A shadowy figure stood there. I rubbed my eyes again for a moment, thinking it was just a reflection of something. I looked back over and it was gone. I pulled the covers back up to me, worried and a little frightened. I gave a sigh and went back to sleep.

Icej