Chapter 5

Wednesday, I stand there on the platform, shorts and a tank top, next to me stood Troy, t-shirt and shorts along with sunglasses. "Rowan told me you like riding trains?" "I could feel my cheeks flare at this. "Yea, I don't tell furs though because it's not as... prevalent as it used to be, I don't know, it just helps me to... escape, if you will," I reply. "It's cuter than it is embarrassing, you're a big, semi-sexy canine with the legit mindset of a four-year-old." "Hold up, semi-sexy?" "Is there a problem?" "...No," I laughed. A train horn blared and the four-car commuter train rolled in. We wait for the doors to open and climb on. We take a seat in the lower level of the second carriage and cozy in.

"So, I guess tell me about yourself," I started. "Well, you know my name, um, I grew up in Rhode Island and dreamt of going into a secret organization. Sadly, I didn't get in, even though I got perfect everything... I even moved to Maryland..." I paused. "You ok?" "Yea... just my old friend Channing wanted to go into a secret organization. ... any who, continue." "Ok... well, after my failed entry, I moved back up north and decided to peruse my second dream, I was relatively familiar with Rowan's line of work, considering my dad did it himself, that was how he earned a profit growing up." "That's actually kind of cool." "Rowan said yours was a bus driver?" "Did Rowan tell you everything about my life?" "Sorta," he laughed. I rolled my eyes. I seriously need to have a discussion with Rowan about PRIVACY.

"Well yea, my dad was a bus driver and I worked in a café, my mom died years before so I never really got to know her." "Aw... I'm sorry." "It's ok, my life was still pretty awesome." "Was? Dude you're young." "You know what I mean," I laughed. The train pulled into Lakeworth and furs began to get on and off. "So, where are we going again?" "Miami, I wanted to go sightseeing," he replied. "Ok," I shrugged. I don't know why, but I got an ominous feeling as I stared into his eyes. "So, tell me about you." "Are you sure Rowan didn't already do that?" "No," Troy laughed. "I'm pretty sure he didn't know everything about you." "Well, I started off living in Washington Heights in New York, mom dad and we moved to Vermont where I met Channing, Rowan, Donna and Nikita, thanks to Rowan a temporary career as a Dj and singer started off, then we Channing died and then so did my career, then we graduated and everything became real. I still hadn't figured out what I wanted to do with my life and I ended up moving to Virginia where I became Ice's assistant, and even now I still don't know what I want to do. Everyone's got their passions and all but I can't find the one that really motivates me to get out there and work."

"Channing, the name sounds familiar... he died?" "Yea... he was going to D.C. for the organization. entry stuff... His train crashed before it even got to New York..." "Oh... I'm sorry," he hung his head and twiddled his thumbs. "It's ok, nothing that could've been done... I just wish I didn't act the way I did the last few months before it happened... but we made up before he left so I don't feel horrible." "What do you mean?" "We used to date... and then we got into a huge argument when we went to San Francisco for spring break and then we stopped talking for a few months and then Rowan pretty much dragged me to the station to make up with Channing." Troy smirked and gave a snort. "And then you two almost made out on the platform?" "Yea... Rowan literally told you everything, didn't he?" "Even the time when you blew up your dorm room," he laughed. I could literally feel the fire starting in on my cheeks, half embarrassment and half anger. "Ok, in my defense, it was a grenade that was laced with low amounts of gun powder and it was plastic like the kinds you'd get your pup for christmas." "Right, but you pulled the pin out anyways?" "It looked like a toy!" He began cracking down in laughter.

We arrived in Miami a little over an hour later and we transferred to a metro to take us into the downtown area. We grabbed some steak and cheese sandwiches from Jersey Mike's and walked over to the Bayfront Park. We grabbed a spot under a tree and took a seat. An easy breeze blew over and I bit into the sandwich. It was full of flavor and tasted like it was homemade. "After this, want to go shopping?" "Duh!" "You wanna hang out again on Sunday? We might have a lot that we can do then too." "Sure, I've got nothing booked for then so I should be free." "Cool," he said and bit into his sandwich.