three

the two grew wary of the large pack of fangirls outside in the skewer shop that insisted on staying at the restaurant. it was unnecessary and unpleasant in all ways. to pass the time, the two asked each other questions and exchanged information. 

"name?" 

"song kisa. you?" 

"jeon jungkook."

"jeon jungkook, as in jeon jungkook from bts?" 

"yeah." 

"oh. that's cool." 

"sometimes it is. other times, i'm not so sure."

"oh i'm sure."

"why are you even here?" 

"my friend gayeon set me up on a blind date and he's actually really boring. but i ate some stale soondae for lunch and apparently that didn't sit well for my stomach." 

there was a chuckle from jungkook. 

"don't laugh!" kisa cried indignantly. "you've had a lot of embarrassing moments yourself." 

"i know, but at least i look good while i do it." 

"i don't know about that one, jungkook. i'm basically a goddess." 

"you're beginning to sound a lot like seokjin hyung." 

"is this a good thing or bad thing?" 

"i'd say it's a bad thing. i can only handle one kim seokjin." 

"well, you're in luck. you can exclusively be friends with the one and only song kisa. i'm one of a kind." 

their conversation carried on like this for nearly two hours before they exchanged numbers. they agreed to keep their relationship private and to not follow each other on social media to spare the both of them from tabloids and angry netizens. in the time they had spent together, they had made an unspoken mutual agreement to not use honorifics to remain as casual friends. by the time they had swapped phones and traded contact information, the noise outside had died down.

even then, jungkook had an anxiety. if a fan recognized her, then he would be doomed. he ran off of pure adrenaline nearly four blocks. anyone could recognize him. however, kiss had his thoughts in mind. 

"jungkook, i'm going to go check outside right now. if the coast is clear, i'm going to buy you a hat and a jacket and you can go outside because no one would recognize you," kisa said to him as she exited her stall. "don't move." 

"buy me a hat and a jacket? kisa, i think i'm okay. you don't need to buy me-" jungkook's eyes had widened. he couldn't ask her to do that for him. 

"don't worry about it. i'm sure that i'll owe you more in the future for getting me into a concert or something," kisa replied. 

there was a small knock in the distance, signaling to jungkook that she had left the bathroom. he let out a soft sigh, not knowing what to do. he felt too grateful towards her for going through all of this trouble for him and not spazzing out. it felt good to be a normal person after all of this insane celebrity fiasco he always dealt with. 

the moment kisa exited the bathroom, she noticed the biggest plus. the fangirls had left, whether out of anger or disappointment (or both) was a mystery, but she was glad that she didn't have to deal with any hyperactive girls. 

the skewer shop owner sighed and called out to her. "are you song kisa?" the lady asked her. kisa nodded, not really seeing where this was going. "a young man left just ten minutes ago and paid for your meal. he told me to give you this," she said, and handed her a single rose that had 25,000 won attached to it. she thanked the store owner and was on her way. 

she snorted, looking at the 25,000 won. it was obvious she was never going to see him again. she wasn't sure she would date a girl whose bathroom problems caused her to be absent for two hours either. she really couldn't blame him at all. 

kisa walked over to the nearest clothing store and took a look at the clothes available. they were having a graphic tee sale, a buy one get one free for a graphic tee that came in women's and men's. she shrugged and picked up one her size and guessed for jungkook's size. she picked up a bomber jacket off of the clearance rack and a random cap that read "i love korea." she hoped jungkook had some country pride in him. 

with two bags of clothes in tow (one for jungkook, one for her), kisa made her way back to the skewer shop bathroom, wondering if this was all just some crazy dream.