eight

kisa found herself going outside for dinner on december 8th, 2017. it was cold, sure, but all she wanted to do was get some good food. kisa found herself going into her favorite japchae house to eat.

surprisingly, the place was super packed. she was seated at an open booth, but the lineup behind her became long. as she was eating, the auntie (the restaurant owner) asked if someone could eat in the same booth as her. of course, kisa didn't mind. all she was doing was going on her phone anyways.

panting, a young man with sunglasses and a hat quickly came and sat in the seat next to her, pulling the curtain shut.

kisa stared at him. "hello?"

the man took off his hat and scarf and put it down on the seat next to him, still breathless. he removed his glasses. "look you can't tell anyone i'm here or who i am," he pleaded.

kisa stared at kim taehyung, a feeling of deja vu coming over her, like this had happened before. she did the only reasonable thing to do. "so what's in it for me?" she asked, grinning slyly. her dimple revealed itself.

taehyung reaches into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. "a free fansign ticket for tomorrow, all yours. my extra ticket is yours to keep."

kisa plucked the piece of paper out of his hand. "that sounds like a deal to me." she held out her hand over the table. "nice to meet you, kim taehyung, i'm song kisa."

taehyung stared blankly at her. "song kisa?" he asked, slowly shaking her hand. "do you come here often?"

kisa shrugged. "i come here when i'm feeling a little moody," she admitted. "i just got super frustrated today."

taehyung raised a brow at her, taking a sip of her untouched cola. "how come? did you break up with your boyfriend?"

kisa laughed. "boyfriend? i don't have a boyfriend."

"you don't have a boyfriend?" taehyung asked. "i'm sure your dimples have pulled in guys before."

kisa grinned, a pink blush coming across her cheeks. "no, i just have two very annoying best friends."

"interesting," taehyung said. "so what happened today? i think i have some time to stay here before the fans clear out."

kisa nodded. "well, last year, i was driving and i got into a car accident."

"a car accident?" taehyung asked slowly, gulping.

"yeah, i was picking up my friend and we were going to go somewhere, but i just don't know exactly where. every time i try to remember, my head just hurts. not to mention i keep getting these weird texts from a contact i have saved. i don't know who it is, but they asked me why i didn't go somewhere," kisa said, still confused about the situation.

taehyung choked a little on his sip of her cola. "can i see the number?"

kisa nodded, though she was confused. how could he know a random number texting her? she opened up her messages and opened his contact. "here it is."

taehyung's eyebrows lifted up, but quickly went back down. "i-" he paused. "i don't recognize that number."

"i figured," kisa said. "how could you know some random number? well, they haven't texted me since but i'm still curious about who it is."

"do you think we could exchange numbers?" taehyung asked her.

kisa thought about it for a moment while chewing on a piece of beef. "why not?"

internally, kisa was dying and freaking out over talking to a famous person. she knew her bts bias was namjoon, but now? there's no way it could not be taehyung. she felt so blessed to have such an amazing person in front of her.

his pink lips, his sculpted face, his kind puppy eyes, his mariana-trench-deep voice, the way he showed his facial expressions, the way he seemed to light up the room when he smiled... or even the way her heart seemed to melt at his presence. 

"you know," taehyung said as he made himself a contact in her phone. "you remind me of one of my songs."

"really?" kisa said as she did the same on his phone. "i'm curious."

"my group had a song called dimple. we put it in as the fourth track in our newest album. have you heard it?" taehyung asked her.

kisa froze midway into writing her contact name. "dimple? yeah, i listened to it. i think it's a pretty catchy song."

taehyung grinned. "i think your dimples are like the ones in the song. namjoon hyung wrote the song, but i feel like he was talking about you. i don't exactly know why or how since he's never seen you, but i get this feeling."

kisa laughed. "what can i say? i'm just a really attractive person."

taehyung laughed. "you sound like seokjin hyung."

kisa ignored the dull throb that came and went in her head. "i'm honored to sound like such a legend."

"a legend?" taehyung said incredulously, grinning all the while.

"definitely. kim seokjin is a genius," kisa laughed. "is he more annoying on camera or off camera?"

"on camera, definitely," taehyung groaned. "dad joke here, hand kiss there...it's not hard to get tired of his dramatic personality."

"don't you think his jokes are funny though?" kisa asked him, slipping a piece of beef into her mouth, not failing to notice taehyung's eyes follow her beef. she pushed the plate towards him. she wasn't really that hungry anyway.

"of course i do. i just think he does them way too much," taehyung explained. he shoved some noodles into his mouth.

kisa laughed. "are you sure that you can get back to-" she trailed off, not knowing if he was going back to his dorm or a hotel. they were in seoul, but she never knew.

"my dorm? yeah, i'll just take a cab back instead of walking," taehyung said. "can we switch jackets and hats? i'm worried people will recognize me on the way out."

kisa nodded. "sure, though my jacket might be a little small on you." she was glad we wore her jacket that was way too big on her. she figured it would fit, but just barely.

taehyung shrugged. "i'm okay with that. as long as it fits."

kisa took off her pink bomber jacket she had been wearing over her white hoodie. "here you go. i think you'll look okay in pink," she mused as she also took off her white cap and handed it over to taehyung.

taehyung handed her his green denim jacket and his black cap.

surprisingly, kisa's pink bomber jacket fit taehyung. though his sleeves were short due to his broad shoulders, they fit just fine. she found it kind of funny and made sure to snap a picture before putting on his huge jacket. she adjusted the cap before she put it on.

"you look good in pink," she laughed.

"maybe i'll steal more clothes from seokjin hyung in the future," he joked. 

all kisa could do was be totally mesmerized by the beauty that sat in front of her. 

//

mmm deja vu? 

-janice